Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Candy

Comments

I hate hersheys myself, but the caramel kisses are beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Mike and Ike are deadly! The cherry ones. I also devoured a massive bag of Starburst jelly beans.
    I used to buy 1/2 pound boxes of these when I lived in SF - cherry was my fav so imagine my delight when I saw a little sweet machine with what I thought were all cherry Mike&Ikes. I quickly deposited my 50c (half of my laundry money!!) and threw a few into my mouth. Sadly they were those disgusting cinnamony War-Heads - they burnt the mouth off me! :rolleyes: :D Milk Duds and Junior Mints would be my favorites now, followed by peanut and almond M&Ms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

where is the australian shop mentioned in an above post?
    wouldn't mind getting my hands on some vanilla coke which i think is still on sale in Austrailia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

shortys94 wrote:
    And having lived in America, astonished that no ones mentioned the entenmann's baked goods, o my god its awesome.
    Was just about to say that. Entenmann's products are available over here but for some insane reason they don't stock the Coffee Crumb Cake over here. Man, thats some good cake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Peppermint Patties....Mmmmm
    Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

GreeBo wrote:
    Ben & Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream....
    you can get that here now though..only they've called it Vanilla Toffee Crunch coz we have no such thing as Heath Bars...
    Half Baked though...now that's a flavour I miss :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

you can get that here now though..only they've called it Vanilla Toffee Crunch coz we have no such thing as Heath Bars...
    Thats what I thought until I tasted it, not the same thing at all :(
    Now if they could strike a deal with them Dime bar dudes that would rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I hate hersheys myself, but the caramel kisses are beautiful.
    That is exactly my thoughts:) They leave an after taste that I find is identicle to vomit:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ruu wrote:
    Girl Scout cookies. It is so easy to go through a pack. :)
    I can't believe you said that...
    A pack of cookies or a Girls Scout Pack...
    Ruu... take the week-end off.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

What stores stock entenmanns???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Superquinn. Maybe Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Great thread...

I have in my posession right now, one medium (approx 1lb) size bag of peanut butter m&ms, nine payday bars & a medium size bag of butterfinger mini eggs :D

I've also a quarter tub of marshmallow fluff that's calling me as I type !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

can you get butterfingers here?

I'll give you 50e for that bag!
    iMax wrote:
    , one medium (approx 1lb) size bag of peanut butter m&ms,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Lil Kitten, you used be able to buy peanut butter M&Ms on ebay. Or get an American to send you over some.

I'm going to the US of A in 4 weeks and I'm going to eat ALL the peanut butter M&Ms I can get my hands on for 12 weeks! Then bring back a suitcase full! I'm really excited about trying twinkies too!

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I'll give you 50e for that bag!

I'm torn... really I am. They're unopened, but the thought of selling them for €50 galls me, then again, supply & demand & all that...

Make it €60 & we have a deal :D

Faith wrote:
    Lil Kitten, you used be able to buy peanut butter M&Ms on ebay. Or get an American to send you over some.

I'm going to the US of A in 4 weeks and I'm going to eat ALL the peanut butter M&Ms I can get my hands on for 12 weeks! Then bring back a suitcase full! I'm really excited about trying twinkies too!

Ooooh... yum! What you really wanna try are the Oreo ice creams. Oh, and the waffles and pancakes. And Cheesy Poofs. And the weird cereals they have. No wonder Americans are obese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I'm gonna be in New York for the summer and i just KNOW i'm gonna come home fat :(
    Ben & Jerry cafés ftw!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Faith wrote:
    Lil Kitten, you used be able to buy peanut butter M&Ms on ebay.
    You still can. Most stuff mentioned is on ebay. Only worthwhile if getting a big amount due to postage, but if you get enough it works out the same as if buying here. You can also get older sweets, including my favourite - coconut mushrooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Super Hot Cheetos... they made my fingers orange... Oh how I loved those little snacks. 7/11 dollar cookies are soooo good too... Cold Stones Ice Cream! I loved that stuff...

• Advertisement

Super Hot Cheetos... they made my fingers orange...

Super Hot Cheetos are a red/wine-ish colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is it just me or do American candy and snacks have way more sugar and salt then ours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jargonclay

But most US chocolates are available anywhere in the world and since there are many of them, I can't choose just one. They're all yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

None of you have mentioned the greatest American Sweet ever = CANDY CORN!!
    Oh god do I love it!!!

Also as mentioned Twizzlers rule and Malt Balls (Similar to maltesers but bigger and maltier!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was in a shop in malahide the other day and saw mike and ikes, i remembered hearing about them from this thread, so i bought a pack in the original flavours because it had a cherry one. My fave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Oh god, i use to live in america when i was young(im 17) and i took all this wonderful delicicys for granted.
    I remember the cereals being fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

oh i remember peanut butter m&ms they were soooooooo good,i buy thm off e bay!

Lidl were selling marshmallow creme (same as fluff) last week if any of you want to try it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oh god, i use to live in america when i was young(im 17) and i took all this wonderful delicicys for granted.
    I remember the cereals being fantastic.

Ah the cereals are far too sweet for the morning time, at least I thought so. I couldn't handle that much sugar in the morning. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

yeah lucky charms uck!

Advertisement