Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Candy

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

creggy wrote:
    yeah lucky charms uck!
    Oh My God, noo!!! Eating them this very second, and I disagree with ya big time!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

got to try Twinkies recently, they were only alright. maybe too overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I spent 3 months in Seattle lately....here's "some" of the candy i brought back :)

P1010893.jpg

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Anyone ever tasted a Twinkie? ....Aw....jesus.... ya havent lived!
    although on a slightly non-american Related Subject (Sorry!)....Marks & Spencer Milk Chocolate Cookies.... *Drool*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

megs_88 wrote:
    got to try Twinkies recently, they were only alright. maybe too overrated.
    Sorry i should read the Thread properly before i post. i think they're Gorgeous...mind you its a few years since i had one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Milk duds ftw !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Milk duds are just like Toffee Poppets, except poppets are nicer. I thought twinkies were fairly mank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

You havent live until youve tasted a Twinkie gone by its sell by date. Haha, its so sick, didnt realise the green covering on the twinkie until I took the first bite haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

CombatCow wrote:
    I spent 3 months in Seattle lately....here's "some" of the candy i brought back :)

P1010893.jpg

CC

That's a lot of sweets (I mean candy.) I hope you've dental cover! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Splinty

anyone want to send me some cherry menthol chewing gum in trade for the american candy of your choice? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Oracle wrote:
    That's a lot of sweets (I mean candy.) I hope you've dental cover! :D

I actually only ate about 2 jolly ranchers, I brought all that candy into work and shared it. :)

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Hey CombatCow, sharing your candy with your work buddies. That's so sweet (pardon the pun!) wish I worked there. Out of all that candy you choose Jolly Ranchers and they're my favourite! (Well they were until they vanished from Irish shops years ago.)

Why do Irish (and English, sorry to say) boiled sweets taste like they drop the flavour in with an eye dropper (and at two drops per ton!) I wish manufacturers would get the message; we're actually buying the sweets for the flavour, not the sugar and water. :(

Jolly Ranchers are a good example of what a great boiled sweet should taste like! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

A lot of the Eurospar shops now stock the Reeces Nutrageous and peanut butter cups. Nutrageous are great, the other things are manky.

I wish they still sold Mountain Dew here.

p.s. Dr. Pepper = worst ever US soft drink export.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lola_run

GDM wrote:
    A lot of the Eurospar shops now stock the Reeces Nutrageous and peanut butter cups. Nutrageous are great, the other things are manky.

I wish they still sold Mountain Dew here.

p.s. Dr. Pepper = worst ever US soft drink export.

American sweets are absolutely horrible, overloaded with sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

lola_run wrote:
    American sweets are absolutely horrible, overloaded with sugar.

Finally someone who agrees with me. Not just sugar but also salt. Disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alphabetty

Mmmmm sour skittles. The ones they sell in Ireland seem to be different to the American ones though...American ones have a sour coating but Irish ones are smooth on the outside like all the other skittles flavours. Anyone know if its possible to get the coated ones in Ireland? They hurt my mouth but are oh so good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

You guys ever hear of Sees Candies ?

I've had them a load of times but not in about four years.

Had a mate who was stateside bring over a 1lb box for a valentines gift of my wife... Mmmmmm Forget Lit/Butlers etc... Sees is where it's at. They're absolutly huge too. Two bite minimum (unless you have a big gob !)

1207asschocbig.jpg

Enjoy one of our all-time favorite gift boxes of assorted chocolates. Inside you'll uncover heavenly dark and milk chocolates filled with rich chocolate butter, fruity creams, old-fashioned Molasses Chips, world-famous Marzipan, chewy Almond Squares, and buttery Caramel. You'll also find our exclusive Bordeaux™, California Brittle® and much more when you choose this popular assortment. Our tempting assorted gift chocolates are delicately packaged, gift-boxed, and ready to give.

I lived right near a See's over the summer and never actually tried them :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

omg, the peanut brittle on that Sees webpage looks amazing. Would love to buy a pound of it but scared of the duty UPS will slap on me...

It doesn't "Look" amazing. It simply is. Faith, you missed out on so much !

I was going to order 5 x 1 lbs for christmas gifts last year, but shipping was running at over $110 & when the shipping costs douple the product, well, it's time to re-evaluate !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk

Sells sweets from all over the world, was in the Covent Garden shop......sweet heaven!!!

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk

Sells sweets from all over the world, was in the Covent Garden shop......sweet heaven!!!

That's a really expensive site! It's £7.99 for a bag of peanut butter M&M's, with £4.40 shipping to mainland UK, second class delivery. I can get them from eBay for $4.95 per bag (~£2.50) with shipping to the UK for $12 (~£6).

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Faith wrote: »
    That's a really expensive site! It's £7.99 for a bag of peanut butter M&M's, with £4.40 shipping to mainland UK, second class delivery. I can get them from eBay for $4.95 per bag (~£2.50) with shipping to the UK for $12 (~£6).

Apologies for trying to help Faith, site may be expensive but its cheaper than flying to the states etc to get the sweets and possibly having to pay excess baggage.

Also could just be a good site to browse and refresh memory.

Some people would also prefer to spend the extra money to know where their stuff is coming from and that its in date.

Apologies for trying to help Faith, site may be expensive but its cheaper than flying to the states etc to get the sweets and possibly having to pay excess baggage.

Also could just be a good site to browse and refresh memory.

Some people would also prefer to spend the extra money to know where their stuff is coming from and that its in date.

No need to get so touchy, it was simply my own observation, not a criticism on your post or the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

iMax wrote: »
    You guys ever hear of Sees Candies ?

I've had them a load of times but not in about four years.

Had a mate who was stateside bring over a 1lb box for a valentines gift of my wife... Mmmmmm Forget Lit/Butlers etc... Sees is where it's at. They're absolutly huge too. Two bite minimum (unless you have a big gob !)
    [/i]

Sees Candies ftw.
    Best thing is all the free choccies they give out. I visited one of their shops in California for the 1st time last year and while trying to make up my mind I was given 2 free chocs by one of the ladies serving. While queueing to pay for the (little) box I bought, I was offered another 2 freebies.... girl looked at me like I was mad when I turned her down. I was just too stuffed, they're so lucious but filling.

Needless to say the shop was visited again shortly thereafter.

Sitting here tucking into another box of them, had a mate over in the US last week, got him to get a box for herself for easter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I really really really want to go to America now!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

tootsie rolls

deffo tootsie rolls.............nom nom nom........

• Advertisement
Advertisement