Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm ruined

Options
  • 19-03-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

There was once a great actor who could no longer remember his lines. After many years he finds a theatre where they are prepared to give him a chance to shine again.

The director says, "This is the most important part, and it has only one line. You walk on to the stage at the opening carrying a rose. You hold the rose to your nose with just one finger and thumb, sniff the rose deeply and then say the line 'Ah, the sweet aroma of my mistress.'"

The actor is thrilled. All day long before the play, he's practicing his line over and over again. Finally, the time comes. The curtain goes up, the actor walks onto the stage, and with great passion delivers the line, "Ah, the sweet aroma of my mistress."

The theatre erupts. The audience is screaming with laughter, but the director is steaming!

"You bloody fool!" he cries. "You have ruined me!"

The actor is bewildered, "What happened, did I forget my line?"

"No!" screams the director. "You forgot the rose!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

very good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Brilllaint:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Excellent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Quality :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Not that funny really, I think he could've gotten away with that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Good'un

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭conformist

it seems to me that everyone says all these jokes on this are funny, but they are not. if one of my friends told me that joke do you know what i'd tell him? "shut up ye dope" thats what i'd tell him.

Please feel free to post some jokes of your own if you find that we are not providing a standard of humour sufficient to entertain you.

If they're not good jokes we won't even slag them off, as per Charter, which you might read before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

that was well worth the read

• Advertisement

conformist has been sitebanned for trolling.

Hail Ruu.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

an 8 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

Yep I loved it :D

Advertisement