Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock results....what about targets for leaving cert?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Selphie wrote: »
    Is 560 the minimum needed for a scholarship anywhere?

It's 570 in UCC.:eek:

What I got.................What I want

English C3..................A1
    Irish C1.....................A1
    Maths A2..................A1
    French B2..................B1/A2
    Biology B1..................B1/A2
    Home-Ec D1...............B3
    Music B1......................A1/A2

430..........................535(took the minimum grades)

English - my absolute best subject! I'm always the highest achieving student in my class but the exam went horribly wrong:( Bad timing and crying your way through an exam is not the way to go!!:pac:

Irish - got an A in paper 1 and a D in paper 2:P Some revision and it should be grand!

Maths - pass, not worried about it. Work away in class and I'll be fine. I'm not counting it towards my final points.

French - the listening was awful!!:eek: Really happy with the result though. Hopefully should be able to bring it up.

Biology - slog it out between now and June and that should be fine.

Home-ec - another exam where timing screwed me over. Such a hard subject though! Only aiming for a B3.

Music - I'm really confidant with my practical and hope to get near full marks in it (this friday!:eek:) Some revision of the works and hopefully!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

History..... HL C3
    Business... HL C3
    Biology..... HL D1
    Geography HL B3
    English..... OL B2
    Maths...... OL D1

Considering the work I put in, was expecting this! 300 points, Need 350! Bit of work and surely I can go up by 50/60 points..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Got 360 in my mocks. Enough points for the course I want, except I failed Maths and didn't get the C3 I need in French (Had a D1)

With a bit of work, I'm hoping to get my required grades and maybe 400 points. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I failed Geography(H) 38% I had a feeling I would fail before the test started even though I'm usually good and never fail it I know I can do it though.
    Engineering(H) by 34%
    maths(O) 21% .
    The rest English (O) I did good in paper 1 61% and paper 2 46%
    Business(H) D2
    French(O) D1
    my fault for not studying properly

I'm aiming to try and get an A1 in Business and A2 in English and the rest B1s to get 410 points gonna be hard work. Maths will be really tough to get .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Subject/Mock result/Aim for June
    Business/B1/A2
    English/C2/C1
    Maths/D2/A2
    Physics/C2/B2
    Irish/E/B3 (E was in Higher, I've now dropped to ordinary)
    Applied Maths/no mock/B2
    French/B3/B3

I didn't study for Maths, (or anything really) so hopefully with some work I'll get my A2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

In my mocks i got under 100 points...with little to no work done

In the real thing i got 330/340(can't remember)... with a little bit of study

Looking back on it now, i really wish i did alot more, but i do have a BA Honours Degree after college. So its not all bad now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Mock result/ Aim in june

• Irish B3/A2
    • English B3/A2
    • Maths O C1/Any type of pass not counting it.
    • DCG B3/A2
    • Business C3/B1
    • Chemistry D2/B3
    • French C2/B2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Martialartman

Well all of you are very lucky for some reason I study like a bollox and never seem to break 300 and I'm aiming for 360 for my course :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well all of you are very lucky for some reason I study like a billow and never seem to break 300 and I'm aiming for 360 for my course :/

300 is the average mark people get. I hope you get your course. Don't be put off by some of the posts here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

My pres were:
    English: B3
    Irish: C1
    German: C1
    Business: C3
    History: C1
    Economics: C1

I had three extra mocks a few weeks later and got:

Business: B3
    History: B2 (left out 10% of the exam so was delighted)
    Economics: B1

So originally 415, upto 455 with the second exams, and hoping for 520 in the LC, I'd like

English: A1
    Irish: B1
    German: B2
    History: A1
    Business: B3
    Economics: A1/A2

• Advertisement
Advertisement