Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese tattoo

Options
  • 19-03-2007 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

ok, i'm 15, i'm bigger than most adults twice my age and my doctor says i've already stopped spurting in growth, i go for regular check ups so i know. i was thinking of gettin a tattoo of the word satsugaisha , which means ''killer'' in japanese. i want to pay tribute to my martial arts, and i think this would be perfect because i'm a very good karate freestyle fighter and always slaughter the competition. of course i want it done in japanese but does anyone know a place where i can get a tattoo with parents permission? because my parents know i'm completely devoted to martial arts and want to pay my dues for it, and have my parents permission for it. please, enlighten me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You won't find anywhere decent to do it, simple as, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

check out the thread on foreign language tattoos also. be careful what you get done.
    it wasnt me is right though, no where will tattoo a 15year old, even with parental permission. Whats another three years if its gonna be on you your whole life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I agree with this.

Any self respectable tattooist would not ink a child.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Rule 6.
    No more asking for information on underage Tattooing or Piercing.
    A Tattooist here in Ireland WILL NOT Tattoo you if you are under 18 so dont ask if anyone knows who or where "might" do it?
    Most piercing are over 18s although there are a few that are 16 with parental consent.If you are 13 and want a piercing done then these boards are not the place to ask.

The person who asks will be given a 2 week ban and if anyone replies with advice they will also get a 2 week ban.

Its starting again.Read the charter Elseano93.

Im not banning you this time since youre new.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Well unless you're a heavy metal fan I wouldn't go for satsugaisha (殺害者) as it literally means 'Slayer'.

I think a better one would be Koroshi-ya (殺し屋) as it has many meanings associated with killing; killer, hitman, mercenary etc.

Not that I'm advocating such a tattoo though; hopefully you wont be fighting any Japanese in your matches or you may be greeted with convulsive laughter from them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You should also be careful that it is done correctly. David BEckham has a tattoo with his wifes name written in Sanskrit...except that somewhere along the line the name was misspelled and now Beckham is wearing something that should say Victoria but doesn't.

All the money in the world and it still wasn't done right. Be careful!

Also, as a martial artist myself I wouldn't advocate that type of tattoo at all but that's another days debate :)

Advertisement