Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why do some...

• 19-03-2007 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

birds think it necessary to slag you in an attempt to get with you! Went into Abrekebra(mistake #1 but i was reaaaally hungry) on Westmorland st, so sitting down waiting on my order and from across the dining area these two birds start slagging me "ah look at yer man" thinks his great thinks his gorgeous, thinks his cool. So after a few minutes of this i lose the rag a bit and tell them to piss off( mistake # 2) - had to leave the place without the food(mistake #3, bleedin starvn) - lucky to get out of there alive. Just cause i wasn't interested they turned like posessed gorillas on me - knackers. The funny thing is if they had of talked to me nicely and had a bit of a laugh i probably would of been interested as they were far from mingers. Never judge a book by its cover - a true example

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What age are you?

How do you know they were interested in you?

Yes. What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Apparently he's good looking.

Keep telling your self that champ.

You'll make the big leagues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Because girls are weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

empirix wrote:
    birds think it necessary to slag you in an attempt to get with you! Went into Abrekebra(mistake #1 but i was reaaaally hungry) on Westmorland st, so sitting down waiting on my order and from across the dining area these two birds start slagging me "ah look at yer man" thinks his great thinks his gorgeous, thinks his cool. So after a few minutes of this i lose the rag a bit and tell them to piss off( mistake # 2) - had to leave the place without the food(mistake #3, bleedin starvn) - lucky to get out of there alive. Just cause i wasn't interested they turned like posessed gorillas on me - knackers. The funny thing is if they had of talked to me nicely and had a bit of a laugh i probably would of been interested as they were far from mingers. Never judge a book by its cover - a true example

Mistake No.1: Posting this horrendous thread.
    Mistake No.2: Missing out on the free education this country provides.

Out celebrating the junior cert mock results were we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Actually buds, i'm in my late 20's and engaged and dont find myself particularly good looking or minging. They were definitely interested - mans intuition:) . II was merely bitching about why they need to take this approach when a simple hello and smile would of done, i would of happily flirted with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Mistake No.1: Posting this horrendous thread.
    Mistake No.2: Missing out on the free education this country provides.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

empirix wrote:
    Actually buds, i'm in my late 20's and engaged and dont find myself particularly good looking or minging. They were definitely interested - mans intuition:) . II was merely bitching about why they need to take this approach when a simple hello and smile would of done, i would of happily flirted with them.

Right, so you're engaged. Wwwwwwhhhere shall i even begin to begin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

empirix wrote:
    The funny thing is if they had of talked to me nicely and had a bit of a laugh i probably would of been interested

Who cares? You're engaged.

Also, this is the first time since primary school that I've ever heard of girls slagging guys because they fancy them.

boreds wrote:
    Right, so you're engaged. Wwwwwwhhhere shall i even begin to begin?
    The beginning.

This thread is no more horrendous than the vast majority in after hours - lets not get jealous now:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

empirix wrote:
    mans intuition:)

You mean beer's intuition.

LadyJ wrote:
    Who cares? You're engaged.

Also, this is the first time since primary school that I've ever heard of girls slagging guys because they fancy them.

Who cares? I do, i expect women to act like women - which can be a rare thing these days.

Wasn't drinking

empirix wrote:
    Who cares? I do, i expect women to act like women - which can be a rare thing these days.

Wasn't drinking

Kill her, then yourself.

Its your only option left now.

empirix wrote:
    Who cares? I do, i expect women to act like women - which can be a rare thing these days

How are women supposed to act exactly? It's not like you don't find men being muppets these days.

I mean who cares what their come on technique was. Be thankful that you're off the market now and don't have to care about how people chat you up.

Anyway, you're hardly going to get a romantic chat up line in Abrakababra...Seriously like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

empirix wrote:
    Wasn't drinking
    Yet you still went into Abrakababra o_O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

My cousin brought her friend up from limerick before and she basically took the mickey out of me full time. Now I'm able handle a good piss-take at my expense but this was a joke. So I began taking the mick out of her. Later I find out she fancies me but her pisstaking just totally put me off. That and she was orange from all the fake tan.
    Women :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

Chat up line of the week....

"ah look at yer man, thinks he's great, thinks he'ss gorgeous, thinks he's cool." (I took the liberty of correcting spelling and punctuation in bold so you can learn from your mistakes....)

Is that how you proposed to your fiancé??

I dont see where you are getting the idea that these girls were attracted to you? Mans Intuition(Up your own ar*e??)

LadyJ wrote:
    How are women supposed to act exactly? It's not like you don't find men being muppets these days.

I mean who cares what their come on technique was. Be thankful that you're off the market now and don't have to care about how people chat you up.

Anyway, you're hardly going to get a romantic chat up line in Abrakababra...Seriously like.

I am well aware of men being muppets but i expect to be able to go into Abra and have my monthly junk food meal in peace without two tramps shouting at me across the floor for everybody in a packed retaurant to hear

• Advertisement

empirix wrote:
    I am well aware of men being muppets but i expect to be able to go into Abra and have my monthly junk food meal in peace without two tramps shouting at me across the floor for everybody in a packed retaurant to hear

Agreed. Well I guess that's just the price you pay for looking so hot in Abrakebabra.

markk06 wrote:
    Chat up line of the week....

"ah look at yer man, thinks he's great, thinks he'ss gorgeous, thinks he's cool." (I took the liberty of correcting spelling and punctuation in bold so you can learn from your mistakes....)

Is that how you proposed to your fiancé??

I dont see where you are getting the idea that these girls were attracted to you? Mans Intuition(Up your own ar*e??)
    You might want to take the liberty and check your own then, apologies but i'm not particularly fussy while typing. They invited me to sit with them

empirix wrote:

Its hardly the first time two girls were drunk in abrakebabra... get over it

Well it is playground tactics. Men do it too when they pull your hair. And er...punch your face.

Anyway, tomorrow i'll post about my encounter with Paris, quite enjoyable this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

The guy's opening post is hardly the most obnoxious thing I've ever read, least of all on Boards. So why the vitriol?

Maybe he is handsome. How would any of ye know?

And correcting other people's spelling mistakes has me placing you swiftly in the "Cocksucker" category.

rediguana wrote:
    The guy's opening post is hardly the most obnoxious thing I've ever read, least of all on Boards. So why the vitriol?

Maybe he is handsome. How would any of ye know?

And correcting other people's spelling mistakes has me placing you swiftly in the "Cocksucker" category.
    I am not handsome, you'll find a lot of people on Boards are "cocksuckers", especially Hungus - its quite enjoyable to piss them off, whilst working

P.S. I'd rather die than eat in Abrekebabra

empirix wrote:
    P.S. I'd rather die than eat in Abrekebabra

"I expect to be able to go into Abra and have my monthly junk food meal in peace"

I dont understand you. You are contradicting yourself. Why have two abrakebabra tramps when you can have a steak and a missus at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

empirix and rediguana banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

empirix wrote:

Who gives a sh!t about a few slappers slagging you? It happens to the best of us.
    Now you go into the corner and take a sh!t and just think for a moment what you just saw last night in abracedabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

rediguana wrote:

because he's right. irish women are ****ing useless at chatting up men. if it wasnt for drink most of em wouldnt get laid period. problem now is theres way too much competition from other girls cause they outnumber the guys and they have to try something if they want to get a man and usually that involves either looking

A. desperate

or

B. a tool

its is getting better out there, certainly in the last few years. and nothing beats being chatted up by a beautiful woman who's geniunely confident. unfortunetly most irish girls are still too terrified when it comes to taking the initiative and resort to being loud and annoying. heres a hint, if that behaviour doesnt work from men to women what on earth makes you think it'll work from women to men?

and hey, peoples do eat in abrakebabra sober you know, its not just a myth !:D (god i'd kill for a donnor now:( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

markk06 wrote:

agreed.

also just have to add:

would HAVE would HAVE would HAVE

And what the hell is 'had of' ??!!!

SORRY but whenever I read those it makes me aaaaangry

problem now is theres way too much competition from other girls cause they outnumber the guys and they have to try something if they want to get a man
    Where is it that you go. I'd have thought it is the case that the ball is in the womans court when it comes to ratios..

because he's right. irish women are ****ing useless at chatting up men. if it wasnt for drink most of em wouldnt get laid period. problem now is theres way too much competition from other girls cause they outnumber the guys and they have to try something if they want to get a man and usually that involves either looking

A. desperate

or

B. a tool

its is getting better out there, certainly in the last few years. and nothing beats being chatted up by a beautiful woman who's geniunely confident. unfortunetly most irish girls are still too terrified when it comes to taking the initiative and resort to being loud and annoying. heres a hint, if that behaviour doesnt work from men to women what on earth makes you think it'll work from women to men?

This is terrible silliness. Women can get laid whenever they want. It's men who need to try harder, Irish men are too laid back for their own good and always expect women to make the first move, fear of rejection, i suppose. Very few men are going to turn down a shag from a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

boreds wrote:
    Very few men are going to turn down a shag from a woman.

ORLY?

Unless they: 1. are in a relationship 2. gay 3. have any shred of self respect 4. above all not interested in the fat slag who is presenting herself at 2.30am outside the local dishco.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

empirix wrote:

Wasn't drinking

you weren't drinking...ffs you were in abra...don't lie, no one ever goes in their unless they're hammered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Then you have the opposite end of the scale.

Complete whores walking up to a guy they dont know grabbing him by the ass and offering to look after him in the toilet by means of a blowjob.

Disgusting. :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Trinity1 wrote:

Complete whores walking up to a guy they dont know grabbing him by the ass and offering to look after him in the toilet by means of a blowjob.

yes down with that behavior

pm's trinity1 for location of mentioned club

yes down with that behavior

pm's trinity1 for location of mentioned club

Sorry my lips are sealed

unlike yer womans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Trinity1 wrote:

Were is it you drink?:confused:

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    Were is it you drink?:confused:

I wasnt there. It was a nite out organised by a singles 'place' (not even a dirty one! :) ) and i can say no more without getting myself into trouble.

Honest to god i was gonna post about this today asking if this goes on and how would you react but i read the charter and decided nooooo.

connundrum wrote:
    ORLY?

Unless they: 1. are in a relationship 2. gay 3. have any shred of self respect 4. above all not interested in the fat slag who is presenting herself at 2.30am outside the local dishco.

K, just looked up orly in urban dictionary and apparently im supposed to answer it by saying yarly. Jeez I dislike this txt speak, have to get used to it though :(
    Anyway...In a relationship? doesnt make a difference for some men, Gay? not many women would bother if its obvious, Self respect or blow job? 2.30am Fat Slag? only if his mates aren't about

Trinity1 wrote:
    Sorry my lips are sealed

unlike yer womans :D

which ones

<bows out of convo before banning>

which ones

<bows out of convo before banning>

<Quits while shes (hopes) ahead also >- pardon the pun.

you weren't drinking...ffs you were in abra...don't lie, no one ever goes in their unless they're hammered

Agreed... i dont believe he was sober at all...
    1) It was patricks day
    2)it was the middle of the night
    3) It was abrakebebra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

What made you think they fancied you?

Did it cross your mind at all that they actually thought you were an ugly, boring, stupid pr*ck?

Or are you so vain as to think that all women everywhere think your god's gift?

thrill wrote:
    What made you think they fancied you?

Did it cross your mind at all that they actually thought you were an ugly, boring, stupid pr*ck?

Or are you so vain as to think that all women everywhere think your god's gift?

**Round of applause**

Karl Hungus is rather evil, actually. Yesterday he kicked my dog. the fact that I do not have a dog is not a problem...

But seriously, I would've just gotten my food and left. Them girls are just annoying. Yeah, its playground tactics- you're meant to pinch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just realised maybe they were trying to ape the new abra add where the sexy lady comes over and robs your chips. you got off easy mate :D

as for the ratio its been comon knowledge the girls out number the lads big time in the cities which is where i socialise (dublin). of course i am coming from the point of view where in the late 80's the blokes vastly out numbered the girls so maybe its colouring my view. still i get chatted up and bought drinks now and that never happend pre '96. still i get the best of both worlds, the social skills required way back when and the forward women fo today. its amazing how far you can get asking a girls name instead of just grabbing her tits :D

i still dont get why people are ganging up on the OP. the girls started shouting at him. if it was the other way around youd be asking why they didnt get security or the gardai to sort em out

People are ganging up on the op because he automatically assumed they were shouting at him because they couldnt keep away and had fallen madly in love with this perfect alpha male specimin they saw queueing for his bacon and cheese fries.
    Although as it turned out he had to run away sans frites

• Advertisement
Advertisement