Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pub in cork

Options
  • 19-03-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

weird question. basically my friend is very vunerable at the moment, has a medical condition and needs to be in quite clean environments. anyway she wants to go out for a night out while out of hospital which they have OK'd but what pubs or clubs in cork have the cleanest and most hygenic toilets? its part paranoia but i want her to be in the safest place and some places are manky IE the bróg, no soap and dirty loos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Try Sober Lane, Le Cheile, The Quad or The Slate. Given you're friend's condition would it maybe not be better to avoid the pub? I can understand why she would want a night out but there are alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

This is a weird question alright.. Suas is probably clean enough and if not you can nip down to capt americas or wagamamas, restaurants usually keep em clean..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Why not get in contact with some pubs and express your needs and concern?
    But you'd think places like Soho and those new modern pubs would be of a high standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

*cough* www.munsterpubs.com *cough*

few hundred pubs reviewed by a mate of mine that likes his stout cold, in the correctly marked glass, followed by a trip to a spotless toilet. I'd imagine any of the newer pubs would be fairly clean. I know Barry's in Douglas is quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I have a phobia of public toilets, but consider the jax's in tom Barrys to be comparable to my polished bog.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

soho's toilets are usually perfect! From working there i can tell yiou for a fact that they are checked every half hour and brought back to the standard of when no one had used them! (note,can lapse when the place is jam packed,like any other bar)

I would recommened you to pick a bar and let them know the story b4 u show up,then they will be sure 2 have the spotless!even tell themwhat time u are heading in at so u dont have to tell them when u get there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

weird question. basically my friend is very vunerable at the moment, has a medical condition and needs to be in quite clean environments.

Heh, not being cynical here or anything -- far from -- but genuinely, your friend is in a much safer environment in even the grottiest public house than she would be in any hospital!!! :o

It is estimated that perhaps as many as 1,500 patients contracted MRSA in R.O.I. hospitals last year! I have yet to hear of any single, solitary person who suffered the MRSA contagion by visiting a pub.

We won't even go into the realm of gastro-enteritis, "winter-vomiting bug", flesh-eating necro virals, etc, etc.

Hmm ............ last May I underwent a serious surgical procedure -- colon cancer; and had half my stomach removed :( .The operation was a success Deo gracias but I spent a subsequent 8 weeks in intensive care due to "complications". A nice way of saying Infection

Today, I visit pubs every day for a coupla scoops and I never have suffered even a headcold! Moral being that ..............

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

rymus wrote:
    *cough* www.munsterpubs.com *cough*

few hundred pubs reviewed by a mate of mine that likes his stout cold, in the correctly marked glass, followed by a trip to a spotless toilet. I'd imagine any of the newer pubs would be fairly clean. I know Barry's in Douglas is quite good.
    Nice site, is there an index for all reviewed pubs on the one page? Maybe I'm blind and can't see it . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Nice site,

Indeed it is!
    And yes, I too was thinking that an index would be helpful.

Only criticism I would have is that the fella seems to be very reluctant to make any disparaging comment about any of the pubs he visited.

Advertisement