Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car radio

Options
  • 19-03-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Need a bit of advice
    Am trying to programme a JVC KD -G151.
    The problem is that the stored station is lost when the radio is turned off.
    So my question is how do I Permanently store a station in the memory.
    (I dont have a manual)
    Any ideas and tks n adv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

when you find a station you want hold down one of the numbers 1-6 or whatever until you hear a beep and this will store them for you.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

more likely there isn't a permanent live power feed from the battery, os when unit is powered off, memory is lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

On any radio I've fitted the red wire (A7) on the connector block goes to the ACC circuit (live when key turned to ACC). The yellow wire (A4) goes to continuous live (direct to the battery or a permanent live in the loom. Be careful with the yellow - make sure that its connected properly - you don't want a permanent live wire coming loose.

Not sure if those colours apply to the JVC but my understanding is that these colours are standard in car audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Tks for replys
    Yes I can find and store the stations as you say but when radio is turned off the pre set is lost.
    One station, Newstalk, does stay in the memory but all the rest are lost.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What car?
    Some like Peugeot have their live & permanent live connections swapped compared to normal. These need to be swapped for an DIN radio

• Advertisement

Its a golf. Radio was fitted in a garage some time ago. I dont know if it worked before as Ive never used it until now.
    Its radio type where you can take away the front piece.
    Tks

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The live/permanent live wiring at the back of the headunit is swapped - you need to unswap it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Newstalk coincidentally has a close frequency to the default frequencies on the stereo. tuner will automatically scan to the nearest frequency.
    Sounds like the permanent and accessory wires need to be swapped.

Tks for the info Will get it checked out. Probably something I cant do myself.
    Tks again

Advertisement