Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of road at n1 gormanstown beside apple service stn

Options
  • 19-03-2007 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

has anyone noticed the state of the old N1 road at gormanstown , just south
    of the apple service station , ner the slip rd for balbriggan?

the road is covered in muck, gravel, and quite frequently stones / small rocks are to be found lying in the middle of the roadway, its an accident waiting to happen.....

there are also a lot of tipper trucks that just pull out from a laneway ner the apple service station into faster moving traffic, causing the traffic to break hard to avoid running into the truck......

what can be done about this? complain to meath co council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Lodge a complaint to Meath County Council is your best option alright.
    I dont know how the council gave permission to both garages to revamp the petrol stations, you are right , a major accident waiting to happen, the amount of truckers parked on the hard shoulder on the approach to each garage is unreal, factor in then the heavy volumes of traffic and cars waiting to turn into the garage .A fatality bound to happen soon

The tolling of the M1 motorway has had a negative effect on the town of Drogheda and surrounding villages. I know slightly off thread by the volume of traffic through Julianstown in rush hour is mental. Getting to a stage when it will be worse than before the M1 motorway was built

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Also the state of the road coming north bound into Drogheda opposite Scotch Hall is getting worse by the day. I've been meaning to ring to complain about it. I guess todays the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

The hubby wrote of a letter about that before christmas. Never heard anything back from Meath coco though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ExMeath

try claiming from Meath council for damage to your car caused by the state of the road. You probably won't get cash but it might make them repair the road.

Isn't the whole of Ireland an accident waiting to happen these days? It was never like this in the good ol' days...

Advertisement