Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XII, should I Buy?

Options
  • 19-03-2007 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I was thinking of buying Final Fantasy XII, I previously own VII, VIII, IX, X with VII being most favourite. I find FFIX way too easy, beat it in one week, isn't that good.

I would buy FFXII, if it was extremely difficult to beat and long?
    Also, I would buy if theres lots of long side-quests?
    If the storyline was ok, say 6/10.
    Don't care bout characters that much, but have to buy too see.
    If it fulfilled all of these I would probably but it.

For those that have it, with reference to the above, should I buy it in your opinion, yes or no with reasons please.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

yeah you should buy it... side quests are fcukin fun! and can take awhile, story line is really good... 9/10 over all....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not a fan of the game and would recommend Dragon Quest VIII over it to you based on your preferences.

However FFXII does fulfil your requirements as well although you may still not like it since it's very different to other games in the series.

It's very long and quite difficult with a lot of levelling upthat needs to be done.
    There's loads of side-quests although I found them boring because I'm not a fan of the combat system.
    Storyline is okay, very political but it gets a little generic at times.
    Characters are mostly excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Hell Yeah, its the best game I've bought all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

its only march, and god of war 2 is out next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cashman

Im a huge fan of FFVII and FFX but I think the FFXII is one of the worst games in the series the story is dull the battle mode is ok but gets boring after a while and the game ending was rubbish. Sorry to sound really negative about this game but I have to get if off my chest that it is probably one of the most over rated games of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

the storyline is terrible but everything is else, is improved, especially the battles and summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

if you have a social life. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

cashman wrote:
    Im a huge fan of FFVII and FFX but I think the FFXII is one of the worst games in the series the story is dull the battle mode is ok but gets boring after a while and the game ending was rubbish. Sorry to sound really negative about this game but I have to get if off my chest that it is probably one of the most over rated games of all time.

Storyline is pretty crap; i liked the battle system (i guess it just comes down to taste); yet to clear it so i haven't seen the ending (although all game endings pale in comparison to FF VII). Overall i enjoyed it. Did you end up getting it in the end persilhandwash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rambo.14

hi man.I own FFXII and it was good at the start but like FFX-2 the ending was the bigist disapointment ever. I think I would stay with FFVII if i were you but I can't tell you what to do buy it and see for your self... but FFVII beats them all with the storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kyle 327

if you have a social life. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

for real man, I dont have that many friends any more!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 archer&saber

unmissable for no reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AdventChild

final fantasy xii is all right for a final fantasy, but i thought the battle system was good because it was new for a playstation final fantasy. the chacters were great, and as someone all ready said, the storyline was very political. its the first FF to lack a love story, too.

Advertisement