Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Username & Password

Options
  • 19-03-2007 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Just bought a wireless router today and trying to get logged on to smart. however I havent received my username and password in the post yet.
    Is it the same for everyone or is it randomly generated?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Smart Telecom.... Hmmm let me see... try this :

username = poorservice

and password = poorservice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

thanks for that

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The password is randomly generated. Username is your full phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

mr_disc consider this warning numero uno.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you ring them tomorrow and give some identifying facts they'll give you your individual password.

Welcome to the best broadband supplier in the country.

• Advertisement

ok thanks for the info guys.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This is the best place for all Smart related queries:

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/index.php?

There you will find lots of happy and helpful Smart customers and some excellent support from Smart staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Let me second everything said so far in this thread, apart from mr_disc's ill-informed post.

Smart's service and support is second to none. From direct personal experience, Tiesto, I have to say that you're in for a treat.

As stated above, the username is your phone number and you need to get the password, usually via a welcome letter that comes with your router.

If you didn't get that, pop over to the Smart forums; those guys are really on-the-ball, with answers to most queries within the hour. You will, of course, have to give them some ID or some other info. If you add your phone number to your Smart forums profile (visible only to admins/staff) they'll sort you out no problem.

I got it sorted.
    Called them yesterday and they gave me the password.
    After a few probs with the router, i finally got connected late last night.
    I didnt know you had to have a wired connection before you could activate the wireless. Common sense should have told me this.

Its so quick tho. Kind of reminds me of my 16 meg connection I had in Germany :)
    I called them today to upgrade to 6mb/ 512 for an extra 5 euro a month. Will only take 24 hours.. Happy enough

Advertisement