Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet up Easter weekend

Options
  • 19-03-2007 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Discuss....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

we talking a shoot or a drinking session

I would prefer a shoot as i don't drink. If it is a shoot and within reasonable driving distance i'll be there.

Obviously the location is the big problem but i'm sure someone smarter than myself can pick a place.

Is it a range meeting or does anyone on here own some land where we could go and talk about guns and inspect each others guns. Big ask I now

I have a cheapy clay trap I could bring, one of those sit on ones. Not great but would be a bit of a laugh anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Would be great but getting somewhere we can all meet would be a problem... Civdef suggested somthing similar already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Its a great idea.I'd certainly be up for it.What say we have a meet for peopel who live near Dublin or who can travel there,and then another one for people say,west of the capital?Has anybody got shooting land?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I would suggest Midlands as its kinda smack bang in the centre and they allow
    guests & they have good facilities.

I know from being in contact with another club that some clubs
    dont like poeple just arriving unless your are invited.

I would not know if I could make it anyplace untill a day or wo before it with work and the fact I lack transport so would be relying on a friend else for a lift.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

roscrea direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I've enough problems trying to fund my shooting habits without adding drink to it as well vegeta;)

Midlands sounds like the place as its pretty central with good roads going to it for the most part.

Could someone familiar with the club give em a ring and see about a group rate or what would be possible. That is if anyones interested.

Bullets how much is it for a day or whatever you do.

I think it would work better if everyone just sorted themselves out and go individually and we meet at a certain time cant see it working any other way unless people are committed and someone is willing to organise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If your a member there are no charges apart from buying your
    own ammo and target faces.

As a non-member you can hire a .22 and buy ammo + targets.
    For any other calibre other than 22.lr I think your either need to be a member
    or own your own rifle. (not sure which)

With Midlands before I was a member I paid I think around 7-8 Euro
    to Hire a rifle for the day and 3-4 Euro for target faces.
    Other than that I dont remember being charged for anything else.
    It depends on what Person is looking after things on the day.
    So I reckon a tenner would cover ya for the day with regards to range fees.
    (If anyone is in the know correct me if my info is Poo!)

Also while at the range I noticed people just turn up without needing prior permission or an invite and as long as they are briefed on the safety precutions they can shoot. (Usually watched/observed and also
    there are security cameras in operation)

Next time they try team building crap in work instead of doing rounders
    and other such rubbish I am gonna push to go shooting as several of
    my workmates have expressed interest in giving it a lash.

I cant say enough good things about midlands since I have joined
    ite been total bliss without anything at all negative about the place.
    The Clubhouse directly opens out onto the 50/100m range.
    Theres also vending machines/microwave/kitchen type thing/TV/Books and magazine/Snooker or pool table and I have seen a Beer Tap but I dunno what
    the story is with that one. So Basically there is a strong social element to the
    place as well as pure shooting.

~B

Advertisement