Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone for Super 8

• 19-03-2007 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

Well my June 20th post did not conclude with me ending up in Jamaica much to my chagrin. However the possibility of a few days in one of the fairer isles now looms. Couple of questions:

1. We will more than likely be D2 in Super 8 - is that correct?

2. Does anyone know about any possible travel plans - I'm pretty certain that this eventuality would not have been planned for by the tour operators!

3. Serious question - does anyone want to join me? The 2 D2 games in Barbados look like a potentially great trip.

Cheers....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Man I'd love to. Damn you finals/lack of adequate funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

As per DMC Ireland would be D1 as the Windies are D2.

I'd love to go, but we've already been in the Caribbean in the last 12 months and I'm running out of organs to sell.

You should definitely go. My wife has now told me that Jamaica is the place where she wants to spend every free moment she can. If you add cricket to paradise, it's the closest thing to heaven on earth!

Mike

So: Games involving Ireland if we get through - seedings as per Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Cricket_World_Cup#Seeds
    30 D1 v C2 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30 - Kenya/England
    3 D1 v A2 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30 - Probably South Africa
    9 D1 v C1 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30 - Probably New Zealand
    13 A1 v D1 ODI Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados 15:30 - Australia
    15 B2 v D1 ODI Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados 15:30 - India/Bangladesh
    18 D1 v B1 ODI National Cricket Stadium, St George`s, Grenada 15:30 - Probably Sri Lanka

Full listing
    March 2007
    Date Home Away Venue Start
    27 D2 v A1 ODI Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua & Barbuda 15:30
    28 A2 v B1 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30
    29 D2 v C1 ODI Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua & Barbuda 15:30
    30 D1 v C2 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30
    31 A1 v B2 ODI Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua & Barbuda 15:30
    April 2007
    Date Home Away Venue Start
    1 D2 v B1 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30
    2 B2 v C1 ODI Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua & Barbuda 15:30
    3 D1 v A2 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30
    4 C2 v B1 ODI Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua & Barbuda 15:30
    7 B2 v A2 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30
    8 A1 v C2 ODI Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua & Barbuda 15:30
    9 D1 v C1 ODI Providence Stadium, Guyana 15:30
    10 D2 v A2 ODI National Cricket Stadium, St George`s, Grenada 15:30
    11 C2 v B2 ODI Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados 15:30
    12 B1 v C1 ODI National Cricket Stadium, St George`s, Grenada 15:30
    13 A1 v D1 ODI Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados 15:30
    14 A2 v C1 ODI National Cricket Stadium, St George`s, Grenada 15:30
    15 B2 v D1 ODI Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados 15:30
    16 A1 v B1 ODI National Cricket Stadium, St George`s, Grenada 15:30
    17 A2 v C2 ODI Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados 15:30
    18 D1 v B1 ODI National Cricket Stadium, St George`s, Grenada 15:30
    19 D2 v B2 ODI Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados 15:30
    20 A1 v C1 ODI National Cricket Stadium, St George`s, Grenada 15:30
    21 D2 v C2 ODI Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados 15:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Are we definitely through? What happens if Zimbabwe beat Pakistan and we lose to the Windies? Us and Zimbabwe would then both be on 3 points.

Macros42 wrote:
    Are we definitely through? What happens if Zimbabwe beat Pakistan and we lose to the Windies? Us and Zimbabwe would then both be on 3 points.

Not definitely through yet. If Zim beat Pakistan then it's down to which team has the better run rate.

I don't believe that Pakistan will lose to Zimbabwe, though it is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Thanks for the re-clarification. Was looking at flights to Barbados on the 16th but if we are D1 I'd need to be looking a week earlier.:eek:

giddyup wrote:
    Thanks for the re-clarification. Was looking at flights to Barbados on the 16th but if we are D1 I'd need to be looking a week earlier.:eek:

I hope that you're going to wait for the result of the Pak v Zim game first :rolleyes: ... you never know what might happen with this crazy game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

That makes sense. Now can you explain exactly how r/r is calculated ;)

Macros42 wrote:
    That makes sense. Now can you explain exactly how r/r is calculated ;)

It's too early in the morning to fry my brain right now :D May I kindly refer you to Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_run_rate

I hope it doesn't get to that ;)

In a nutshell...

8875624db3e49cd4bb3bd4b9e4c06d0c.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

I will be going myself....I presume that Ireland will be "D2" and to get two matches in on the same island it will have to be Barbados on the 19th & 21st April.
    Does any body know the name of the tour company that organised the first round packages to Jamaica, they may organise something more if enough interest?
    Watching the Irish game in a pub in Cork on Saturday, bar man reluctantly turned on the TV for me in "The Long Valley" in Cork city, never thought he would see cricket on Paddy's Day in the pub.....everybody was watching and cheering every ball..great night.....

SharkTale wrote:
    I will be going myself....I presume that Ireland will be "D2" and to get two matches in on the same island it will have to be Barbados on the 19th & 21st April.
    Does any body know the name of the tour company that organised the first round packages to Jamaica, they may organise something more if enough interest?
    Watching the Irish game in a pub in Cork on Saturday, bar man reluctantly turned on the TV for me in "The Long Valley" in Cork city, never thought he would see cricket on Paddy's Day in the pub.....everybody was watching and cheering every ball..great night.....

Nope... Ireland are D1 (See schedule above). Pakistan were D1 but Ireland/Zim have stolen their spot.

All tour packages would have already been booked for the Super 8s for Windies fans based on them being D2... they remain D2 regardless of the final points standings at the end of this round on Saturday.

I have no idea which tour company is arranging packages. I had a quick look on google.ie but couldn't see any immediate hits.

Good luck
    Mike

Edit: Your best bet is to go to Barbados for the 13th and 15th April games which will be against Australia and India/Bangladesh.

Yep - Barbados on the 13th and 15th looks like the best option.

Sadlier Travel did the original tour but their website is down and I can't get them on the blower either. Don't know if they are still in operation.

giddyup wrote:
    Yep - Barbados on the 13th and 15th looks like the best option.

Sadlier Travel did the original tour but their website is down and I can't get them on the blower either. Don't know if they are still in operation.

I'd want to see the SA game myself, but those two would be cracking games... especially if Bangladesh make it through.

I reckon that Ireland could cause a few more upsets if they make it through to the Super 8s. Beating England would be class!

Bangladesh would be a great match-up and my boss is Bengali so potential for taking the piss.

Just spoke with Alan Benson from Sadlier and he is looking into doing something and has had a lot of calls today. He's thinking about only doing the last 3 games as the Guyana ones might be a bit tricky to organise. He has my details and will get back to me. Obviously a Zim loss tomorrow means he can get the ball rolling. Otherwise wait until Friday.

giddyup wrote:
    Bangladesh would be a great match-up and my boss is Bengali so potential for taking the piss.

Just spoke with Alan Benson from Sadlier and he is looking into doing something and has had a lot of calls today. He's thinking about only doing the last 3 games as the Guyana ones might be a bit tricky to organise. He has my details and will get back to me. Obviously a Zim loss tomorrow means he can get the ball rolling. Otherwise wait until Friday.

I'm so jealous.

Advertisement