Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse / bin bag collection options

Options
  • 19-03-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    Simple question, but probably a myriad of answers!

Who/where is cheapest/best to go with in terms of bin bags (no room for whellie bin so that is out)?

Thank You,
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

eurowaste are slightly cheaper than greenstar - €50 for 10 bags in Super Valu, collection on tuesdays. make sure to claim your tax credit as well.

not sure where to get their recycling bags though, might have to ring them now the Tesco recycling collection has been cancelled (again).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

I think you get the recycling bags directly from Eurowastes office. If you ring them one of the reps delivers them to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhbee

I have my collection with Allied Waste. They provide the bins, and it's €10 per tag, and €5 for the recycling tag. A lot cheaper than Greenstar! (Robbers!). Your €280 odd per year only gets you 12 lifts with them. Don't know what it's like with other Companies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

niamhbee wrote:
    I have my collection with Allied Waste. They provide the bins, and it's €10 per tag, and €5 for the recycling tag. A lot cheaper than Greenstar! (Robbers!). Your €280 odd per year only gets you 12 lifts with them. Don't know what it's like with other Companies...
    The fee you pay to Greenstar also covers 26 recycling collections and there's no messing about with tags.

Also, if you use a smaller rubbish bin, your fee is even lower.

the original question was about bags though - some people may not want wheelie bins sitting outside their front door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

loyatemu wrote:
    eurowaste are slightly cheaper than greenstar - €50 for 10 bags in Super Valu, collection on tuesdays. make sure to claim your tax credit as well.

not sure where to get their recycling bags though, might have to ring them now the Tesco recycling collection has been cancelled (again).

asked in Super Valu, they didn't have a clue about it? Have you bought them there recenltly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 CathD

loyatemu wrote:

I rang Greenstar this morning, and was told that they are still there first Sat in the month. She wasn't that convincing though, lots of "I'll just check for you now". On the day I tend to have a spin by and make sure they are there, nothing worse than filling the car with recyling and then having to dump it all in the shed again is there.....

Mr. CathD.

its supposed to be cancelled. There was a notice about it in the North Wicklow Times and George Jones (or was it Derek Mitchell?) was giving out about it at a recent council meeting.

re: the Eurowaste bags - they definitely have them in SuperValu, try asking for blue rubbish bags. They usually have them stored under one of the tills.

Advertisement