Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sue Townsend

Options
  • 20-03-2007 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if theres anyone out there as fanatical about Sue Townsend novels as I am - and i don't just mean Adrian Mole Books either!!! Just finished 'number 10' which is hilarious when you imagine the PM as Tony Blair.....Just starting on 'Queen Camilla' and it looks promising so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I never found any of the Adrian Mole books to be that funny, but thought that The Queen and I was excellent - for anyone who hasn't read it, the plot is that the royal family are dethroned following the election of a revolutionary government, and they're all forced to live on a council estate in a poor part of England. Really good book, and almost made up for the torture that was the later Adrian Mole ones... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Read some of the Adrian Mole ones donkey years ago, but I remember them to be quite funny in a weird sort of way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Yes they have a quirky type of humour especially the later ones!

Advertisement