Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many games do you own?

Options
  • 20-03-2007 6:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Doesn't matter the platform or the age, just as long as it's a legitimately owned video game currently in your collection, and feel free to count expansion content as an individual product.

A recent count reveals my own library of games to contain 438 games.

How many games do you own? 49 votes

1-10
    0% 0 votes
    11-50
    8% 4 votes
    51-100
    48% 24 votes
    101+
    42% 21 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I would say around 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

CBA to count but I'd say over 100. I don't sell or trade in my games so still have my stuff back to the MD days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Not a whole lot. I often trade my console games, and most of my older PC games are long-missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I currently have 29 games installed on this pc .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Another vote for "can't be arsed counting - but lots"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

christ...by the time i got a mega drive over my atari st, i had roughly 100 games for the atari (mostly copies). Since then its grown to epic proportions meaning it would take some serious bothering of my arse to count them all, and my arse really isnt that bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Have owned - over the years, all platforms considered, since my CBS back in the early 80s...mmm...well in excess of a thousand.

Yup, I'd say I done my share supporting the industry, sooo...

Currently own - 7 (2 PC + 3 Wii + 2 Xbox)

EDIT - all legit copies of course, per the OP. I absolutely couldn't ever procure or use copied stuff, for both ideological and professional reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

At last count, i have about 193-ish games, but thats probably gone to about 200 or so since i don't bother updating the list very often.
    And thats not counting the legion of Atari2600 games i have, the names of most i can't even remember [but there are come classics, Impossible Mission FTW]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Too many

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sold most of them before moving countries.:( I have about 10 installed on the computer that I bought over the last year or so and even at that I don't play them too often.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ruu wrote:
    Sold most of them before moving countries.:( I have about 10 installed on the computer that I bought over the last year or so and even at that I don't play them too often.

For some reason I only keeo a handful of games installed on my computer...I dont know why but I just hate having too many games installed at once, and HD space is not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Too many. I never sell or trade games so they accumulate over the years. I'm not going to count them. I do know I have 35 GC games though because I was tidying up the other day and counted them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well a quick jot up of Ps1, ps2, GC, Xbox (360) and PC came up around 90. More when DS, GBA/GBC, Megadrive are added up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've been buying games for over 25 years... I don't think I could begin to count them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I've never sold a game. Then again, I've never gone crazy on buying huge amounts of them. I usually buy the next big release instead of buying budget games, then that will last me for a few months. Also now I'm playing an mmo, so thats my gaming budget spent on the subscription. From my Gameboy to now, I'd say I have 70+ games. Also emulation FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

to name a few consoles I've had (and still have):

Commodore 64
    Commodore Amiga
    Sega Master System
    Sega Megadrive
    PC
    PSP
    Sega Game Gear
    SNES
    Game Cube
    PS1
    PS2
    Xbox
    Xbox 360

I'm sure theres more, I'd say I've literally 1000's of games. Back in the day of the Amiga club (sad I know) I used to bring about 100 blank discs every week and come back with 30-40 new games and that was over the course of maybe 2 yrs.

Btw, do any ole school gamers remember the amiga club?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wisesmurf wrote:
    Btw, do any ole school gamers remember the amiga club?
    Yep. I went a good few times. In the North Star Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Yep. I went a good few times. In the North Star Hotel.

lol, them were the days.
    when you got your weeks fill games and it was'nt piracy....or was it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Well over a hundred, even though its been at least a year since I actually bought any. Right now i'm playing about 6 or 7 at once - they are all indie/open source ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

little under 100 id say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've only really started collecting games within the past 2 years (as in not selling them upon completion... <3 having money to spare)
    have about 50 for the PS2, Wii and GC combined, a handful of GBA/DS games and a big box full of pc games. would be close to 100 altogether anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

More than I'd probably want to count.... or admit.

When I moved here I had to leave behind all my Megadrive games and PC games I had at the time, I'd sold my Gamegear and SNES collections and various other games (sniff), my Megadrive and games are still around though so at some point I might get to bring some of them over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Between my PC, Wii, PS2, and old trusty Amiga 1200, well over 100 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I did use to have every single system ever released (PAL/NTSC) at the height of my retro-collecting days, with (as a 'collecting rule') the best 5 games for each system (incl. usuals GameGear, Nomad, Lynx I & II, 3DO, CDi etc. and many more exotic rarities incl. Pippin, Supergrafx, FM Towns, Virtual Boy, Vectrex, White Saturn, all flavours of NEC PCEs, Wonderswans and Neo Geo home and portable units and so on), so do the maths...

Ran it up to about €4k insurance value in under two years, so yeah, as posted earlier, probably thousands over the years, taking into account the pre-collecting days started with CBS back in '84 all the way through to today with the 'habituals' (C64, SMS, ST520, A500, MD, SNES, PS1, PSOne, N64, DC, XBOX, PS2, Wii).

Man am I glad I "quit" and at least broke even with eBaying the lot...

...so much less stress playing 2 or 3 games at any one time, without a collecting care in the world :D

Still buying the odd rarity off eBay every now and then, I'm "pooling" with/into my brother's own collection back in France (NES, SNES, N64, GC, MD, DC, NEC PCE I got him last Xmas, getting him either an AES or a Supergun next for his birthday).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

As the other half keeps telling me "you have ENOUGH"!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

between pc xbox, xbox360, ps2, ds, And all the emus. I would say about 400+

But i only play a few. Maybe 6 at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Well, if you're gonna count the emulator ROMS too then I definately have 1,000+ games on every platform. Let's see:

Mega Drive ROMS: 615
    SNES ROMS: 636
    NES, Game-Boy, Game-Boy Colour, Game-Boy Advance, & N64 ROMS: 49

Then I also have Playstation games and countless other PC games including all the FIFAs, Championship Managers, and GTAs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Cozmo

Between my 200 PS2 game + PSone games + DS games + GB/C games + GB/A games + GC games + 360 games + Pc games it all adds up to almost 700 games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

30 something machines in my collection, with games for all, plus over 100 games for ps1 and over 100 for ps2, about 7 for Wii, around 25 or so for Xbox, 8 for 360, 25 for gba, 18 for DS, 25 GC, not to mention shed load for Snes, Megadrive, Atari 2600/7800 and the rest, don't want to get into a pissing competition with you guys, I don't know really, never counted them all, too many if you ask the wife!
    Not allowed to count roms or the Mame, Snes, Megadrive/Genesis, GBA and Atari emus with complete romsets on the Xbox would drive the game count into the 3000 numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well started to buy and play games at the age of 5. Now im 29 so if i added it all up from way back then it prob be a few hundred. But if i added in all the games that i did not buy but still owned, it be well over a thousand.

The first machine i got was an RK1 err.. not sure on the name. Then went to Spec to amegia and onto PC's. But also had Snes, Game Gear, PS1 after that i stoped with consols.

Advertisement