Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbie advice needed!!

• 20-03-2007 10:34am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks I decided to bite the bullet and get myself a 360 over the weekend!!

A few questions if anyone can answer them for me that would be great!!

1: On the wired controllers there is a port type thing at the end of the pad, what is it used for??
    2: Is the only way to get points to buy stuff online in live through getting a points scratch card in a games shop??
    3: On my gamertag (i have not gone online yet) it has given me 20points or something like that for an achiecment in PGR3!! Whats that about??

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

1. For a mic
    2. The cards in store or a credit card through live.
    3. They're gamer points, you get them for achieving certain things in games. Its just there for bragging rights, nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

1. The port on top is used by the play & charge kit.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360playchargekit/

The port on the underside is used for the headset.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360headset/

2. yeah, you can buy points in certain gameshops.

3. Gamerscore

The Gamerscore is a measure that corresponds to the number of "Achievement" points accumulated by an Xbox Live user. These Achievement points are awarded for the completion of game-specific challenges, such as beating a level or amassing a specified number of wins against other players in Xbox Live matches. The majority of mass-market Xbox 360 games offer up to 1000 points spread over a variable number of Achievements and each Xbox Live Arcade contains 12 achievements that total 200 points. Achievements surprisingly became a very potent system seller for the console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks for the answers lads!!

The port at the end of the joypad was wreking my head cos its not mentioned in the manuals at all!!

Advertisement