Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Window smashed, stereo stolen

Options
  • 20-03-2007 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I didn't think this happened anymore but my stereo was stolen from my car on sat night. It was only a panasonic CD player, nothing fancy, probably worth €20 to the guy who stole it but costs me loads in hassle and cost of window replacement.

What a pain in the A$$....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

It doesn't happen as much as it use to, but it still does.
    You probably forgot the take the facia, which attracts the bad sort.
    Sorry for your troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Last year my old car (in Ireland) was broken into outside my parents house...the stereo was stolen. It does still happen :(

The guys didn't have the decency to break the window, instead they bent back the doorframe...now that cost a fortune to replace:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Sorry to hear, just pure scum, hopefully they and their familes catch aids and die.

You should be allowed to have a small dabble of Semtex attached to the stereo that when she's removed without your permission the whole car goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Like the above posters stated, stealing car stereos is pretty rare, but then again there are some desperate people in this country. Here in Westmeath there was a string of car break-ins a couple weeks back. The Gardai in Athlone arrested 4 guys and they were remanded in custody.

"FOUR men in their 20s have been remanded in custody in connection with a string of car break-ins.

The four Polish nationals were charged at a special sitting of Athlone District Court on Sunday and were remanded to appear before Cloverhill District Court tomorrow.

All four, with the same address at Roscommon Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath, were refused bail."
    http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1765340&issue_id=15183

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's not that rare, happened to me about two months ago, although I was surprised as it's hardly going to make anyone huge money any more.

I'd prefer to hide a flamethrower behind the stereo so that as soon as it's removed, so is scumbag head. I have to hoover up the broken glass anyway, a bit of extra skanger ash is neither here nor there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Do you have windscreen cover? Mine got nicked a couple of years ago. Luckily my insurance paid the €80 for the window. I don't even keep the fascia where it can be found in the car anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

The worst thing is the scumbag will probably sell it for less than 10% of what its actually worth.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

FX Meister wrote:
    Do you have windscreen cover? Mine got nicked a couple of years ago. Luckily my insurance paid the €80 for the window. I don't even keep the fascia where it can be found in the car anymore.
    Does Windscreen cover also apply to side windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

byte wrote:
    Does Windscreen cover also apply to side windows?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

My wife's old Corsa was broken into a few years ago by prying open the door. There was nothing of value visible in the car at the time, except the factory fitted Blaupunkt cassette player (which they left behind). All they got was some small change for parking lying in the ashtray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Mine got broken into two months back, had to replace the door and me phone. Net result: Me -€210 and the extra cost of multistorey car parking since my baby isnt getting parked streetside anymore.

Advertisement