Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike advice needed!

Options
  • 20-03-2007 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Hey - I don't know much about bikes - what to get etc!
    It is my other halfs b-day next week and I think a bike would be a good idea.

His last bike was stolen - But I'm not sure what it was.
    I would say he would like it for general running around. He did the Border Trek a couple of years ago. Now I'm not sure if he would like to do that again, but he
    would like to get back into the swing of things - possibly on some rough terrain.
    We live in Inchicore, so he would be cycling along the canal/Pheonix park too.

I would really appreciate if anyone could recommend something?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Although it's always nice to get a surprise present I think the best option would be to go along to the bike shop with him (e.g. Wolfes in Kimmage, or else head out to the Cycle Inn/Cycle Superstore in Tallaght) to choose something. There are so many options and types of bikes that it'll be extremely difficult to get something without involving him in the decision. How about a birthday card saying "I'm getting you a bike".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Morgan wrote:
    How about a birthday card saying "I'm getting you a bike".

Yeah, i agree. It's a great idea to get him a bike, but it'd be impossible to know what one to get him.

get him a puncture repair kit or a helmet or something to go with the card!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Cheers guys -

I suppose I'll have to do that :( /drags feet along ground
    I wanted the whole 'dragging bike up the stairs and bow-opening excitement!'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

So do that in advance.

Ask him to go with you somewhere, like to pub or to help you buyind something. And bring him to some of the bigger shops. (avoid shopping centres).

That would be a little surprise. I think :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just brought himself with me to get the bike. He picked a 'Trek' mountain bike with front suspension. He was so excited he even cycled home on it! :)

I'm glad I didn't try to get it on my tod - I dunno what I would have chosen!

Tanks for de advice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Get him to buy you one next...

Advertisement