Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M7 Naas to Clondalkin?

• 20-03-2007 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I'm on training next week which means a change from my usual route.
    What is it like driving from Naas to clondalkin, specifically the tailback from newlands cross. Will be leaving Naas at 8am.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

Depends which part of Clondalkin - it stretches all the way from the N7 up to the Liffey Valley Centre at the N4.

The morning queue on the N7 is unpredictable, but usually starts around the Outer Ring Road junction, just after CityWest. This should be OK for you, though, if you take the ORR it will bring you up to the Nangor Road junction at Grange Castle for the Bawnogue and Village areas. Further on will bring you to the Neilstown area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Thanks,
    Heading for Kilcarbery Park, Nangor Road if that helps.

Roughly how long are we talking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

Tuesdays are the worst day to do this, now the nagor road QBC has opened traffic is a nightmare along there, i make Carlow to Clondalkin village in an hour/to hour and ten mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lynchie

Dan_B wrote:
    Thanks,

I leave Kill around 8:05 usually.. By 8:20, Id be at Citywest - depending on the traffic, another 5-10 mins to get onto the outer ring road. 3-4 mins to Kilcarbery from there.

Alternatively.. you can come off at Rathcoole / Newcastle junction and take road to Newcastle. Turn right at the far end of town, follow the road to the pollyhops pub, take a right and its just down the road from there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

bazzer wrote:
    The morning queue on the N7 is unpredictable, but usually starts around the Outer Ring Road junction, just after CityWest. This should be OK for you, though, if you take the ORR it will bring you up to the Nangor Road junction at Grange Castle for the Bawnogue and Village areas. Further on will bring you to the Neilstown area.

^^^Best route IMO^^^

I generally do Newbridge to Liffey Valley in around 25-30min. :)

• Advertisement

Sparks400 wrote:
    ^^^Best route IMO^^^

I generally do Newbridge to Liffey Valley in around 25-30min. :)

what way do you use sparks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

Dan_B wrote:
    Thanks,

Dan, you're laughing, so. Take the ORR and just keep going till you reach the major signalled junction (Nangor Road). Turn left, go past the Esso station and Kilcarberry Park is on the right hand side off the roundabout. Should take you 20 mins tops. Good luck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

what way do you use sparks?
    1. Onto the M7 at Newbridge Junction.
    2. Travel up M7 until exit sign-posted 'Grange Castle'. This is after Browns Barn, look out for the sign.
    3. Turn left at top of slip and head for Grange Castle.
    4. Straight through cross-raods, Wyeth Grange Castle is on your left
    5. Through 2 or 3 round-abouts can't remember how many, I'll check later.
    6. Turn right at round-about sign-posted N4/M50.
    7. Dual carraige-way takes you to a cross-road on the Fonthill Rd, a left turn will bring you toward Liffey Valley, straight on will take you to Neilstown and the back road into clondalkin village, a right turn will take you toward the Nangor Rd

Sparks400 wrote:
    1. Onto the M7 at Newbridge Junction.
    2. Travel up M7 until exit sign-posted 'Grange Castle'. This is after Browns Barn, look out for the sign.
    3. Turn left at top of slip and head for Grange Castle.
    4. Straight through cross-raods, Wyeth Grange Castle is on your left
    5. Through 2 or 3 round-abouts can't remember how many, I'll check later.
    6. Turn right at round-about sign-posted N4/M50.
    7. Dual carraige-way takes you to a cross-road on the Fonthill Rd, a left turn will bring you toward Liffey Valley, straight on will take you to Neilstown and the back road into clondalkin village, a right turn will take you toward the Nangor Rd

yeh i know the way, I have to be in Clondalkin village, so doesn't really make a huge difference to me, was just curious had you any shortcuts up your sleeve, cheers

Advertisement