Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone from Belfast

Options
  • 20-03-2007 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Is there anyone on here from Belfast??? The northern threads including Belfast city are bare.:eek:

(_8())

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Bound to be a few. From Lisburn just down the road here myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I'm from Antrim town although I live in Belfast. I'd love Boards to be a bit more lively round here. Maybe advertisements in washrooms would help :)

I don't know why it is. I'll soldier on any way. I'm on Boards everyday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Matt Finish

Just joined this site,looks pretty good. Am also from Belfast.
    Hopefully more members will join up soon and get some local threads going.
    Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I'm from Limerick originally but live in Belfast city 3.5 years. Cracking spot. Will be here for a few more years I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Wolfbane

I work in belfast and just joined today.
    I was in Belfast forum fora short period but it got boring at night when ex Belfast folk just took over and didnt want to involve outsiders,

This one looks more open and interesting tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Matt Finish

This site is huge,hope i can work my way around it! We must try and get some Belfast stuff goin on here,best pubs,places to eat,places to go for a drive etc...:)
    Saw that Belfast Forum thing Wb,seemed ok when I checked it out and was gonna join. Will have another look and try and figure out what you mean,who was takin it over???
    Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

I'm a student in QUB, so here for the next 3 yrs. I agree with what Matt says, but some of the above threads already existed a while back. For some reason the North threads get deleted frequently.. must be to do with server space or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

all new members welcome ! :)

the threads dont get deleted -it only shows threads created in the last month by default -older threads can be viewed - if you select "the beginning" on the "From The" option under "Display Options" at the bottom of the Forum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

No, but I'm moving there permanently in July. I love the city for like every reason possible!!
    I'm hoping to get the grades to get into Queens in Sept.

madgal wrote:
    No, but I'm moving there permanently in July. I love the city for like every reason possible!!
    I'm hoping to get the grades to get into Queens in Sept.

Grand and handy with the direct flights from Cork to city airport. Sweet! Wish there were flights to Shannon. Might get to go home more often then. :(

• Advertisement

Nope not really. I fly Cork-Dublin and get an aircoach to Belfast.

Aer Arann stuck their prices up big time, so your looking at €100 minimum + taxex to fly with them unless you book months and months in advance.
    Ryanair are a lot cheaper. Your looking at just over a €10 (sometimes tax included sometimes not) to get to Dublin, and another €10 to belfast with aircoach.

madgal wrote:
    Nope not really. I fly Cork-Dublin and get an aircoach to Belfast.

Aer Arann stuck their prices up big time, so your looking at €100 minimum + taxex to fly with them unless you book months and months in advance.
    Ryanair are a lot cheaper. Your looking at just over a €10 (sometimes tax included sometimes not) to get to Dublin, and another €10 to belfast with aircoach.

Yeah I see your point but sure you do know months in advance when you will need to be home for certain occasions like Christmas, Easter etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hayeser

Wolfbane wrote:
    I work in belfast and just joined today.
    I was in Belfast forum fora short period but it got boring at night when ex Belfast folk just took over and didnt want to involve outsiders,

This one looks more open and interesting tho.

yeah found the same problem wolfbane same old people

Cateym wrote:
    Yeah I see your point but sure you do know months in advance when you will need to be home for certain occasions like Christmas, Easter etc.

I don't mind going via Dublin. Its not such a cramped plane.
    In fact the last time I flew to Belfast, was just before Christmas. The weather was so bad, we ended up on the Isle of Man for 6 hours!

Advertisement