Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evga 8800gts 640 Acs3?

Options
  • 20-03-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I originally was going to be getting a BFG OC edition but OCUK went out of stock!!!:mad: So close! I was ready to buy this friday...

Anyway now I have no choice but to choose another brand. I am looking at getting the stock evga acs3 edition 8800gts. Is it a good card? Does it have better cooling?

Really wanted a card with an OC'd shader but I can forget that now..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

All 8800 cards are the same they come from the same factory. All EVGA do is put a shroud over the cooler it is the same one underneath.

The factory overclock isn't really all that meaningful and it brings little in returns for performance and you pay a premium for the privilege.

I'd save my money and get the stock unit instead, OcUK work out about €30 cheaper vs Komplett though delivery may even that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Yeah the only reason I was looking for a factory OC'd card was for the overclocked shader (BFG had it at 1300mhz) cause it's not possible to get that manually... Also cause the BFG OC version is so cheap compared to the stock evga! I really am annoyed that they sold out.

I know all brands are the same (functionally) but I wanted something that could last me that little bit longer (the oc'ed shader)..

Anyway so there wouldnt be any difference at all in temps between the evga acs3 and the normal version? Just cause if I will have to OC then I will need the card cool and my case alone is not known for helping temps...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Why not wait till the BFG is back in stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The overclocked shader core would make little difference in the long run or grand scheme of things in order to really make a difference you would have to push the overclock higher looking at benchmarks.

Haven't really been messing with the clock domains of the GeForce 8 series so I don't know too much about it but I think Rivatuner may now have the ability to alter the clock domains so you could adjust the shader core clock speed ( I believe Anandtech played with the shader clock speed in some recent review so there is some tool out their).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

these coolers for the evga are mena be a small bit better .

mine doesnt go over 60c overlocked which is very goOd :D

• Advertisement

Why not wait till the BFG is back in stock?
    No way:eek: . I have a feeling just by looking at that plain 'Out of Stock' message that it'll be one week at least and that ain't good enough. I need an 8800GTS by next tuesday at least. My PC is out of use at the moment cause I have no card in it.. And I want to play the game I have waited over 3 years for (S.T.A.L.K.E.R) which is out friday...

I am getting more and more frustrated with the site... Now my next option (after losing the BFG OC), the evga stock 8800gts, is down to 3 stock!!!!!!! I can't take this! Now I have to hope to high heavens that my balance gets on my card tomorrow or i've lost evga too... Damn! You don't know how frustrating this is!:eek: :eek:

I'm just in a rant now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Be brave and try www.hardwareversand.de and go EVGA :)
    Must be the most competitive prices for EVGA this side of the Atlantic.
    Should be a GTS KO AC3 (overclocked) :) available.

EVGA also has the legendary step-up program, trade up within 90 days of purchase if it doesn't meet your needs. 10 year warranty
    evga 8800gts superclocked ko acs3

Wow everything is so cheap on that site! Looks a bit dodgy though..

Have you or anyone you know ordered from them? Do you know how fast the delivery is? Says only 20e shipping cost to Ireland.

Advertisement