Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tiling question

Options
  • 20-03-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to buy adhesive and grout and how much should it cost to do about 18 square yards?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Depends on the type of tile and the type and quality of the surface.

e.g. I recently did 20 yards of wall tiles. Some parts of the wall were not great so I ended up using 4 drums of Woodies own brand adhesive @ approx €13.99 each

I did 6 yards of floor tiles on marine ply and just used 1 tub of Unibond Adhesive specifically for wooden floors @ approx €24. This is adhesive and grout combined.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Can anybody offer advice as to the best place to purchase floor tile adhesive. The readymixed kind. Ive to do quite a lot and im hoping theres a cheaper way then getting it in woodies. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are grouting in a bathroom splash out (sorry) on the expensive grout thats guaranteed not to discolour/mildew/go mouldy. It works and its worth it.

Advertisement