Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to get Wired DSL and can't make up my mind

Options
  • 20-03-2007 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I had intended getting a wireless option but there is none available I live in Rush (Just moved). I am just off the phone to Digiweb and it seems they told porkys last time I talked to them as the guy I was speaking to today sad they have no plans for rush at the moment.

So my question is what is the best value 2-3 mb service available. I will need a large cap as well and the higher the upload speed the better also has to be reasonabley priced.
    I have spent the last 2 hours searching the various sites and as far as I can make out the Digiweb probably looks the best but does the price include Line rental any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Psygnosis wrote:
    Hi,
    I had intended getting a wireless option but there is none available I live in Rush (Just moved). I am just off the phone to Digiweb and it seems they told porkys last time I talked to them as the guy I was speaking to today sad they have no plans for rush at the moment.

So my question is what is the best value 2-3 mb service available. I will need a large cap as well and the higher the upload speed the better also has to be reasonabley priced.
    I have spent the last 2 hours searching the various sites and as far as I can make out the Digiweb probably looks the best but does the price include Line rental any help would be appreciated.

Theres no perfect DSL provider, judging from comments on this site, eircom seems to be the most reliable, with unenforced caps. All the others have their own issues such as billing and speed problems.

The only problem is that Eircom are tossers to their competitors and have caused no end of pain to the Irish broadband market.

So theres no such thing as perfection for broadband here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I am with BT they are great as long as you don't have a problem. On the 3Mb bundle with phone and line rental for 63. Would recommend. If you have any problems they are a nightmare. Was with eircom and they are brilliant. Good service, good customer service, product was flawless but much more expensive. To be honest I would not touch any of the others apart from these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

does the 63 include line rental as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I am on Digiweb DSL Extra and find it OK. 40GB is OK for me. My brother has just switched back to Eircom for calls and BB as he finds it good value. Have a look here for comparisons. I personally have no complaints about either. If you are looking to bundle calls as well the Eircom packages appear to be worth looking at. Have a look at that site and if you have time trawl through the oodles of threads here to get a feel fro the other vendors.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kmick wrote:
    I am with BT they are great as long as you don't have a problem. On the 3Mb bundle with phone and line rental for 63. Would recommend. If you have any problems they are a nightmare. Was with eircom and they are brilliant. Good service, good customer service, product was flawless but much more expensive. To be honest I would not touch any of the others apart from these two.

Any recommendation for BT should accompanied by a very strong warning about the way they have treated their customers over such a long period and with no indication whatsoever they have any intentions to change things.
    I would not recommend BT to my worst enemy!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055065264

Just one of many many examples.

• Advertisement
Advertisement