Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some firefly questions...

• 20-03-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

So....I'm officially hooked after 8 episodes. I haven't watched serenity yet, but will do.

I read somewhere that there was a big falling out over the cancellation of the show (if someone would like to elaborate, I'd love to hear), but .... is there any chance that there'll be another season on a different network?

What about more films? Are they likely?

Was serenity a hit? (obviously those that liked it, loved it)

Am I doing the right thing watching the series first?

And what's all this about an episode called serenity?

That is all. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,017 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Khannie wrote:

So....I'm officially hooked after 8 episodes. I haven't watched serenity yet, but will do.

Hey Khannie,

I used to hear loads about Firefly but I ended up missing it on TV for various reasons. When Serenity came out I went along to see it as everyone seemed mad about the TV series. While I did enjoy it I knew I was missing out loads on not having seen the TV series first, so your definetly doing the right thing in watching it first and then the movie.
    Khannie wrote:

I read somewhere that there was a big falling out over the cancellation of the show (if someone would like to elaborate, I'd love to hear), but .... is there any chance that there'll be another season on a different network?

I believe it was on it was off, it was on it was off etc. They moved timeslots and even the day's it was shown. Crazy stuff.
    From what little I know I doubt we'll see more of it anytime soon which is a big shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just checked amazon.co.uk....
    Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 185 in DVD

Pretty impressive.

...further checking....

Firefly Season 1....
    Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 71 in DVD

Holy crapola! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Khannie wrote:
    ?

That is all. :D

it recouped most of its budget[not incl. marketing costs though] at the box office, so did mediocre,but had fantasic dvd sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Will answer to the best of my knowledge.
    Khannie wrote:
    Well.. i never heard anything about a big falling out. Whedon was presumably pissed off at Fox after cancelling after after 11 episodes which weren't even aired in the correct order (they didn't air the pilot 'Serenity' first - they aired 'The Train Job' as they felt it was more "caperful" and a fun way to open the series).
    Khannie wrote:
    What about more films? Are they likely?
    A lot of the die-hard fans of the show (which i consider myself to be) never give up hope on a new film but i for one don't see it happening anytime soon (if it all).

The cast have moved on to do their own stuff - Nathan Fillion (Mal) will star in a new series due to air next month called 'Drive', Summer Glau (River) is taking part in the Terminator Series and i'm sure the cast all have prospective roles .. but Joss has now apparently been taken off directing Wonder Woman.. so possibly some good news there. Although Joss has denied any rumours of a sequel. From Wikipedia: On October 1, 2006, Whedon posted a comment to the Whedonesque.com website, responding to a rumor that he was currently working on a sequel to Serenity. He wrote, "There's no sequel, no secret project regarding Serenity or somesuch and I'm not even sure how anyone thought there was talk there. I've seen Nathan and Tim (and Summer and Alan) recently because they're my friends because I'm so, yeah, awesome. So let's put that to bed and smother it with a pillow."
    Khannie wrote:
    Not exactly.. the film didn't make it's actual budget in it's theatrical release but i'd imagine has more than made up for it on DVD (from the fans alone).. from Wikipedia: the box office income outside the United States was $13.3 million, with a worldwide total of $38.8 million, slightly less than the film's $40 million budget
    Khannie wrote:
    Yes, you are doing the right thing. You will feel even closer to the characters by the end of the season that the film will feel like a rush - a revisit to these amazing and warm characters.

I brought some mates who were "non-Firefly heads" to 'Serenity'.. they could follow it but they didn't get a lot of the elements of it i loved - the constant battle between Jayne and Mal and what exactly was going on between River and Simon.. not to give too much away but it's briefly explained in the beginning of 'Serenity' but not enough to warrant a decent backstory which you get by watching the series first.
    Khannie wrote:
    And what's all this about an episode called serenity?
    The title of the pilot.. 'Serenity' after well, the name of the ship obviously.

Advertisement