Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Wireless Router - Restrict Port 25?

Options
  • 20-03-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know how I would go about restricting connections on port 25 on a Netopia Router (Model 3347NWG)? It seems that my IP is listed in the Spamhaus XBL. I've run every scan I can think of and can't find any trojans or open proxies. Does anyone know how to restrict port 25 so that only "real" mail servers can use it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

are there any other pcs on your home network that could be infected, or could a neighbour be using your wireless.

do you have a fixed ip from your isp, if not then some other customer could have had the problem and you have been assigned the new ip. Contact your isp with the details they probably can help.

get a good firewall like zone alarm pro, and it will tell you if anythin unusual is is going out on port 25

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭JayV

Thanks dil999
    One other PC on the home network, but I've checked that out as well. I'm not on a fixed IP so its possible I've inherited the IP history. WPA-PSK is configured on the router so its unlikely someone else is using it. A decent firewall is probably the answer.
    Thanks again!

Advertisement