Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Colour Washing Machine

Options
  • 20-03-2007 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, my mam ordered a grey washing machine from power city, but a white one arrived this morning. I signed for it and unpacked it. I was nearly finished installing it when she came home and said it was the wrong colour.

I presume they will have to take it back? or is she stuck with one that doesn't match the rest of the kitchen. I don't notice these things. i probably should have, but hey, i just wanted some clean clothes.

Cheers lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Only if the goods were not described on sale AFAIK, ie - If your mother was sold a specifically GREY washing machine and they delivered a WHITE one, then yes.

However if she was sold a washing machine, colour unspecified and when she go it it was the wrong colour, then no.

I'm open to correction on that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Well she pointed to the grey one in the store, so she did specify it was that colour she wanted. It didn't state the colour on the receipt, so there was no way to know she'd receive the wrong one. It was the sale advisor's mistake. Opening it before she came home was mine. Had i'd left it in the packaging i would've been in the dog house too for bein a lazy git. I can never win.

Their phone line is brutal. they just refer you to the manufacturer's customer service line.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well the shop is probably at fault for delivering the wrong one, but since you have unpacked it etc., I think they would be within there rights to take it back but to charge you a repacking fee or similar.

i thought as much. If they don't take it back I'm sure if we kick up enough of a fuss they will -threaten all sorts like liveline and the small claims court -happens to me all the time in work (retail too) and people usually get their way when they threaten the likes of that. (if their complaint is genuine anyway!)

anyway.................................

Power City phoned me back, it looks like they will take it back. I have to wait to hear back from their customer service dept first though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Eh......... ?

Thats grand that they'll take it back. In fairness Power City are pretty good when it comes to returning stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Marty DiBergi

If you use the washing machine often enough the colour will fade in any case and probably end up close to white.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If you use the washing machine often enough the colour will fade in any case and probably end up close to white.

Not if you use non-bio .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Think you mean Persil Colour - God Its mighty stuff.....and cleans the clothes too!

Prefer ariel myself.....:rolleyes:

Well, in fairness to power city, they sorted it out. They were very sound about it. We ordered a new tumble drier while we were sorting it out and they said they'd deliver that with the proper one today. but, they fecked up the delivery date and only delivered the drier today. The driver was bang on and said to use the white washing machine anyway because it won't be resold, just sent back to the warehouse for parts. so, i won't be stinking of febreeze anymore! woo!

power city get a thumbs up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement