Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT question...

Options
  • 20-03-2007 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Okay car is due in tomorrow morning, but I've to work so I'm having a relation take it to the test centre.
    Neither they nor I have taken a car for an NCT before and would like to know a rough time frame of how long it'll take....I mean is a case that you can wait at the test centre for an hour or so, or are you expected to get a lift home/wherever and they call you when it's done, or what?
    I did look at the FAQs but can't find any time estimate.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

30 min tops

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It takes no longer than an hour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yes, about 30 mins (but from the time of appointment). If you arrive earlier they sometimes will take you a bit earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Good stuff, so I don't need to shell out taxi money. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Wertz wrote:
    Good stuff, so I don't need to shell out taxi money. Cheers for that.
    There is usually a waiting room with drink dispensers etc. and windows looking out into the service area so you can watch as they rev the shít out of your pride and joy. :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

lol, that's so true. It breaks your heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

it's heart rendering, didn't know my car could reach those revs...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

you can watch as they rev the shít out of your pride and joy. :eek: :D

I thought that was supposed to be done the days before the NCT ;)

Advertisement