Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paperwork when selling a car privately

Options
  • 20-03-2007 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be selling my punto in the next few weeks and I was just wondering what the procedure is when you actually hand it over to a buyer.

Do I give them the NCT Cert and the tax and NCT discs yeah?

Also.. What forms do I need to send away to make sure the ownership is changed asap?

When you're selling an old car, I presume if something goes wrong with it a month later that I'm not responsible.. I mean its a grand car and I'll be fixing anything that needs sorting before its sold. I just dont want it coming back to me after I've bought a new one.

Is adverts.ie and carzone.ie the best places to sell it?

Any tips, advice etc would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

You give the tax and NCT, but the VLC is to be filled out in the new owners name and posted off to Shannon, address is either on the back of the VLC or you will get this in on motortax.ie. Make sure that you send the VLC off, I would hold this for a couple of days , just to ensure that the payment is ok (Forged note, cheque, draft etc..)

With regard to warrenty, you are selling hte car in good faith. Unless the arse falls out the car when leaving you place, the buyer has little or no come back.

I would start with the buy and sell at first, it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Even if you fill the log book with the new owner details, do not hand it over, make sure you are posting this document yourself.
    Also make sure you add the date and TIME of the sale.
    Time is very important as he might get a speeding ticket driving home.

Advertisement