Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite local take-away/delivery service

Options
  • 20-03-2007 5:08pm

Out of curiousity, where (if any) do you frequent? I'm a big fan of Excelsior on Nutgrove Avenue in Rathfarnham.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Yeah, that's a good one. I love their thai green/red currys.

I'm a sucker for the Village Take-Away (chipper) in Rathfarnham village. Godfathers pizza ain't too bad neither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Scent Garden in Firhouse. Chinese restaurant/takeaway. Yummy as ya like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The Zen, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Sunkist in Clonskeagh. Best Chinese ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DaveMcG wrote:
    Scent Garden in Firhouse. Chinese restaurant/takeaway. Yummy as ya like!

They are quality. They've done away with their early bird restaurant deal though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Golden Elephant (Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese) in Dun Laoghaire. Delicious food and super-fast delivery time to Blackrock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Mandarin Inn, Rathfarnham.

Kenny 5 wrote:

Where abouts is that?

Just beside Ballyroan church.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Sunkist and Bombay Pantry in Clonskeagh and the chipper in Ballyogan. Fantastic chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Borza, Tallaght Main Street! (chipper)

Simple but has served me well for the last 15 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I usually order from Let's eat in, in Shankill. Italian, Indian, Chinese, Thai food. Can order online which is handy for internet junkies like many of us. Food is fantastic, mainly stick to the Indian myself

Kenny 5 wrote:

They do nice chicken balls :)

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Just beside Ballyroan church.

Aha. I know the place. I'll have to give it a try.

Myth wrote:
    They do nice chicken balls :)

Possibly the best I've ever had.

I'd say go for the 3in1 and a portion of chicken balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Kolodny wrote:
    Golden Elephant (Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese) in Dun Laoghaire. Delicious food and super-fast delivery time to Blackrock.
    I've been looking for a good take away lately. Whereabouts is it so I can pick up a menu?

Letseatin.ie is great too but they don't always deliver to my house. There's so much choice I love it. Wonder when the Sandyford branch will open? I know they'll deliver to my house but it's said "Open in Feb 2007" for so long now.

Restaurantexpress.ie is handy as they deliver drink(soft and alcoholic) and food from loadsa restaurants. You can get pizzas, Eddie Rockets, Indian and loads more depending on your area. Delivery is a fiver for the first place then like 1.20 or something for the next ones. Very fast delivery from there. Highly recommended!

If anyone has any other suggestions for Blackrock let me know. I'm always ordering the same things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Attol wrote:
    I've been looking for a good take away lately. Whereabouts is it so I can pick up a menu?

It's on Cumberland Street, on the left hand side, going into Dun Laoghaire via Monkstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

On the row of shops that have all the new fancy furniture shops before where Iceland used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

sunflower in orwell shopping centre

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Attol wrote:
    On the row of shops that have all the new fancy furniture shops before where Iceland used to be?

downthe road slightly... about 50 meters or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Bombay Pantry in Rathmines is really gorgeous Indian.

Monsoon is now may favourite Indian. Knew my details from my phone number on their caller id, took 15 minutes to deliver food.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Bombay pantry near clonkeagh is wonderfuil:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The Real Burger place in Dun Laoghaire is great, they don't deliver but you can phone your order through and pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Lee's Kitchen (Chinese) after the pubs close in Dalkey. That time and place is something unique and wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Guys it great to hear you like letseatin, Its my fathers business. the sandyford branch will be open in around 2 months as there some building work going on. Its way off schedule but once its up and running you will be happy.Theres going to be afew more type's of food :) . Theres also a letseatin in blanchardstown.
    I will keep you guys updated about the sandyford branch

EDIT: I'm going to allow this, Provided that this doesnt end up a a total advertisement for your dad's business. Agent smith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Mizzoni's pizzas are the bomb. So much better than Domino's/Godfather's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Hey drdre, try and get your dad to add Mexican to the menu. There is a serious lack of Mexican food in Dublin.

Royale, Burritos and Blues in Ranelagh deserves to be checked out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I'm a man who loves his Excelsior in Rathfarnham. Good game OP, good game.

Advertisement