Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite local take-away/delivery service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 theno8eight

I would recommend you try The New Wok in Sallynoggin, they deliver to you. The food is very tasty, I hope its not all MSG though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Searlait

The Oriental Express in Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire is the best chinese I've had in years, quite reasonable, the food is lovely and I appreciate the way they cut the carrots into different shapes but most of all they are so speedy!! I've been using them for about two years and I reckon only three times (and I get a chinese usually every week) they've taken longer than 15 minutes!!

I used to go to Yungs on Georges St, Dun Laoghaire, but Oriental Express won me over!!

There is a new Thai place (well, prob nearly a year old by now) opposite Yungs, ate in once it was lovely!

And also, Real Gourmet Burget and Itsabagel, couldn't live without them!! Especially as they cater for coeliacs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Scent Garden has gone downhill in recent months, avoid it now...

Anyone know a cheap and tasty Indian near Tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Scent Garden: Lovely quality food the curry sauce is pretty nasty
    Mandarin Inn: Average, curry sauce is gorgeous but they must have a policy of leaving stuff out of orders. Honestly, never used a take-away as bad as them for consistently leaving things out.
    Chinese in Orlagh: Really nice chips, below average for the rest of the stuff though.
    Chinese in Hunters Wood: Just average

Havent been to any of the top-tops in years, they any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Cross posting this from another thread as letseatin.ie's representative has posted in this one.

Do not use LetsEatIn's Sandyford Branch.

I've ordered numerous times from letseatin.ie, all but one time has been EXTREMELY disappointing.
    First time - all is great, food comes on time and is lovely

Second time - food takes over an hour and a half to come, is going cold and there is absolutely no apology from the delivery guy or the company

Third time - My girlfriend gave very specific directions to the guy for the location of the house and went over it a few times to ensure he was aware of it, yet even still the delivery driver f*cks up and goes to the wrong place. Food again is now luke warm and didn't get so much as a "sorry" from the incompetant bollocks of a delivery driver.

etc etc etc I won't go through them all but I've given them enough chances due to the great menu and how convenient it is.However, the service is possibly the worst I've ever received, will certainly not be ordering from there again and will be advising everyone else I know about it as there's absolutely no excuse for it, and not even an apology or an attempt at making up for it has been offered by the company.

The next time they hear from me will be prank orders so I can waste their f*cking money like they have mine.

• Advertisement

I've only used letseatin once, delivery was around an hour, food was barely lukewarm and the price was only slighly below that of a decent restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Scent Garden has gone downhill in recent months, avoid it now...

Anyone know a cheap and tasty Indian near Tallaght?

The Indian in Tallaght High Street, next to the Abberly, is cracking. Delivery takes a bit longer, but it's well worth it.

China House in Firhouse is alright, wouldn't be arsed with Scent Garden anymore, but the best Chinese by far is North Park in Fortunestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Ordered online from letseatin. I wanted an indian tikka masala sauce which was listed at 1.95. The order confirmation email I received said that that was what I'd ordered and the order total came to about 40 euros. When the food arrived I was in the shower so my brother went to get the door instead to pay. It was 50 euros and when I checked the receipt we'd been charged 10.50 for a chicken tikka masala we hadn't ordered. Fair enough if I'd phoned up, then I could understand the confusion but I ordered online where it involves clicking a box next to what you want to order. We've received noodles instead of spring rolls before as well. That was also from an online order. Both from the Sandyford branch. Never had any problems with the Shankill one.

Hi Guys, just looking for your thoughts & feed back on a business I have been doing for the past nearly 4 years now. Its the Take Away Express menu Directory booklet. Its nearly killed me but its beginning to become a bit easier now. I'm just wondering have any of you got it at home, do you use it & how would you like to see it improved. Thats all, just your initial thoughts. I'd really very much appreciate your help...

I think I got that in the door the other day, it was very well done but unfortunately Dublin 16 just covers way too big an area now. Sandyford to Knocklyon like. We have kept it though and will most likely use it now and then, instead of having four menus for the local places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

Macari's in Dundrum, absolutely brilliant. king size burger and chips please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Couldn't recommend the recently opened Bombay Pantry in Rathfarnham after tonight's experience. THe starter fish cakes were very tasty, but the meat in the Lamb Bhuna was very firm and tight, more like steak than lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's a lovely chipper in Ticknock Hill, not sure of the name mine you.

Hey thanks, but do you know that they all deliver to you? It might be worth trying them as they may do better food than where you currently. If you haven't tried excelsior, may I recommend their beef in black pepper sauce...mmm, its a restaurant as well, so the food is the same:) Really very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Hi Guys, just looking for your thoughts & feed back on a business I have been doing for the past nearly 4 years now. Its the Take Away Express menu Directory booklet. Its nearly killed me but its beginning to become a bit easier now. I'm just wondering have any of you got it at home, do you use it & how would you like to see it improved. Thats all, just your initial thoughts. I'd really very much appreciate your help...

Ya we get that at home! Brilliant idea have to say! Hate getting so many pizza menus in the door - handy to have them all in the one place.
    Only thing is it doesn't include all chinese's in tallaght so we usually only use it for pizza or chipper!

Ya I know, but the next edition out end of this week will have 4 chinese menus in it, long Phung, Wok Inn, Kings Garden & Tip Top. Which chinese do you like & I will see if I can get them in the book....wont be till next September though, only every 6 months..What pizza do you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Harbour Lights in Tymon North or North Park in Kingswood - the usual two suspects. It would be great to have them in there! Pizza i just usually go for Dominos, for some reason never think of anywhere else!
    Cheers

Couldn't recommend the recently opened Bombay Pantry in Rathfarnham after tonight's experience. THe starter fish cakes were very tasty, but the meat in the Lamb Bhuna was very firm and tight, more like steak than lamb.
    Lol, the staff in the Bombay Pantry in Rathfarnham are about as incompetant as you could get.

We ordered some food for delivery about two weeks ago, two chicken tikka masalas, two pilau rice and a naan bread. It took it's time to come, considering I'm only in Ballinteer it shouldn't have taken so long but we were glad to see it eventually, particularly because it came hot.

Opened the bag and removed the food to find we'd been given basmati rice instead of pilau. Might not seem like a huge thing, but I fcking hate basmati and won't eat it, my girlfriend is the same. Got on the phone, the 14 year old girl who handles the orders eventually put us on to a manager, after much delay. He was apologetic and said we could replace it with a fresh meal with the right rice if we can collect it. Fair enough, we get into the car and drive over, the girlfriend goes in and gives them back the bag with the wrong food and takes the bag with the new food.

We drove back and were sitting down to eat when we took out the food and found they'd given us basmati yet again. How fcking retarded could they get? We tried to ring but it appeared the phone was off the hook, eventually after about 15 minutes of constant attempts we got back through to the 14 year old at the desk who at first denied there was a manager there, then when my girlfriends tone began to raise she put him on.

It got sorted and we got credited for two tikka masalas, along with a new fresh meal but it took up 2 hours of our Saturday night for this fiasco. It was incredibly annoying that some 14 year old thought she could handle things, when she clearly couldn't and lied outright to a customer.

We'll most likely be using the Clonskeagh store from now on, it doesn't deliver to the area but we've ordered there many, many times and have never had a single problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cunning-doll

Bombay Pantry in Glenageary is great! I've never had a problem with service and the food is always to die for. (I mainly eat tandoori chicken though - I'm addicted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Indian Brasserie in Rathfarnham is decent for take away. The owner is a bit brash, but once you get past that the food is very good. I wouldn't recommend sitting in the restaurant unless you're just looking for a sit-and-go affair.

They once managed to get our order wrong twice in a row, so the second time they sent the delivery guy out with the missing pieces of our order and a big bag of starters for free.

The chinese in Woodstown is very average. I'll only use it now to get 3-in-1's, anything else they do is very sub-par.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Yungs in Dun Laoghaire do a great beef satay. Oriental express in monkstown is second to none with quick delivery and food is good too, i normally get chicken balls with chips and boiled rice oh and curry sauce with onions (very important to get the onions). Fu Moon is o.k but can be inconsistent. The hot and chilli chicken wings are great though. Paddy Fields in monkstown is like playing russian roullette.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

The Magic Chef in Stillorgan...Yum, the best garlic n cheese chips and taco chips.

Rockstar Pizza in Blackrock is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shaney-baby

pinheads pizza and china house in south circular road or nypd pizza in liberty lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

anyone know an inexpensive chinese servicing the dundrum area..
    i dont mind going to collect it.
    would be better if they delivered though
    oh and they have to do chicken balls :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭monroe

Bombay Pantry has got a lot talk here..

Id recommend mine in Fairview also, but, I do have to agree with service...a bit hit and miss...Ive had delieveries forgotten, totally wrong orders delievered, unable to get through on the phone at all during peak times...from a business perspective they should really tighten their game..

However....if you like Indian and havent had their food...........it is to die for!! Couldnt order from another Indian takeaway, but if I can I try to go and collect to avoid any messiness :o) Also have to say, when they do screw up, their customer service is usually very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

The Borza Chipper in Walkinstown serves Top Scram..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Lams(Chinese) in Ballyfermot has to have the fastest delivery serivce in Dublin and the beef in blackbean sauce is yummy beyond words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Bombay Pantry all the way. Excellent food. I think its the best indian I've had in Ireland. I've only used the Rathfarnham branch, and now I'm desperately trying to find one near Santry. I can recommend it to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thebeat

Have you tried www.just-eat.ie ? It lists a lot of takeaways and you can order online directly and pay cash as usual...I have quickly become addicted, love my takeaways:) lol

• Advertisement

Tiesto wrote: »
    anyone know an inexpensive chinese servicing the dundrum area..
    i dont mind going to collect it.
    would be better if they delivered though
    oh and they have to do chicken balls :)

Thanks
    Excelsior on Nutgrove Avenue is good, as is E-scent in Ballinteer.

Advertisement