Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite local take-away/delivery service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

monroe wrote: »
    Bombay Pantry has got a lot talk here..

Id recommend mine in Fairview also, but, I do have to agree with service...a bit hit and miss...Ive had delieveries forgotten, totally wrong orders delievered, unable to get through on the phone at all during peak times...from a business perspective they should really tighten their game..

However....if you like Indian and havent had their food...........it is to die for!! Couldnt order from another Indian takeaway, but if I can I try to go and collect to avoid any messiness :o) Also have to say, when they do screw up, their customer service is usually very good...
    Ah ha, so it's not just the Rathfarnham branch that screws it up quite often!

We've been getting it from the Clonskeagh branch lately and there has yet to be a problem. We did however give the Rathfarnham branch one last chance and it appeared that they'd left an ingredient, particularly a spice, out of the tikka masala as it was disgusting and bland. Love the Clonskeagh store though, hungry just thinking about it...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Bombay Pantry in Glenageary Is Fantastic,I Honnestly couldnt recomend it Enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Excelsior,nutgrove all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

godfathers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Anyone else a fan of Royal Garden in Terenure?
    They deliver EVERYWHERE (even well into Crumlin) and they do Japanese food. And it is gooooood :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Libero's in Ballinteer!

Yeah I've started going to the Bombay Pantry in Rathmines recently. Pricey, but was worth it.

Customer service when ordering food was great though - I was freaked out when the guy asked me for my name initially - they put your name on the bill, so if you come back after 10 minutes ordering your name gets called out instead of a number, very personal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Orla_inka

Who can remember Jon Dons near Blackrock Park? I miss it.

I used to love their pineapple burgers. It is said that they used dogmeat in their burgers .. sure wish I knew which brand.

:eek:rla

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Close to home - Scent Garden (the Chinese restaurant over the Scholars pub) or TipTop (Top Tops, whatever, the one in Old Bawn)

Close to college - Yumi in Clonskeagh FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

It's Top Tops, went to school with the son of the owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

I'm slowly working my way thru all the Chinese's in the Templeogue/Tallaght area to find my favourite!! Top Tops in Old Bawn is still way out there in first place!!
    Silvios in Templeogue my fave chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabbo57

Lovely Thai Restaurant/Takeaway called Blue Orchid in Blackrock. Yummy Spring rolls. Find the food is nicer if you take away/collect rather than getting delivery though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Erobitha

Hey drdre, try and get your dad to add Mexican to the menu. There is a serious lack of Mexican food in Dublin.

Why doesn't anyone do Mexican food delivery? I haven't found anywhere in Dublin or surrounding counties that does. I live in Drogheda and use www.Just-Eat.ie - they have a few of my favourites covered but could do more!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Got some stuff from the Bombay Pantry in Rathfarnham a few times. Was really nice but the last order I got was pretty bad.

I got some stuff from Excelsior and it's decent enough most of the time.

Was disappointed with Silvio's, the 1/4 pounder was a little, bland. I'm used to nice lettuce, mayonaisse, tomato. This was onion, ketchup.

It was late at night though so might have been a bad time to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Screw Silvio's
    Go for the Borza on Cromwellsfort Road (Walkinstown)... or the other one near the Ashleaf...
    battered Mars bars... nyom nyom nyom :pac:

kopparberg wrote: »
    fu moon on newtown park avenue the best ever

Absolute rubbish! That place is a dump and changed it's name so many times over the years. Cheap MSG laden crap.
    Bombay Pantry in Glenageary is great! I've never had a problem with service and the food is always to die for. (I mainly eat tandoori chicken though - I'm addicted! :)

Bombay Pantry ? One of the most over-rated restaurants/take aways going. I like the concept i.e. good ingredients, nice freshly cooked food etc but the menu is boring and I know they have those special orders now and again that nobody ever knows about unless you ask but the food is completely over-rated. You never get enough meat unless you order that salmon dish (salmon tikka?), they give plenty of that but the rest is very average.

If I was going to recommend an Indian, I'd recommend Shanai in Cabinteely Village, if I was going to recommend a Chinese, It would be the Regal Court in Cabinteely. However, I like what Let's Eat In (even though that Dr Dre chap in this thread pimped the **** out of his dad's business) but they can be good if you order for collection. Don't bother with delivery, the food is always average then. Takes an hour at the best of times and is soggy and cold when it arrives and I live 6 minutes away from the Sandyford branch (Live in dublin 18 down the road).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 topcat2

Any of the authentic places on Parnell street are great. Especially the Korean places

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

The Borza Chipper in Walkinstown serves Top Scram..

Best chippers ever. Borzas rock.

And I dislike Silvio's. Used to get chips there for lunch when I was in 6th year. Blaaaargh, so much vinegar!

If I can't get to the Borza then Roma in Ballyroan kicks ass. Fangasmic chips and burgers and such. Awful pizza mind you.

For Chinese it has to be the Mandarin Inn also in Ballyroan! (i really don't like going far for my food) Of all the chinese places i've tried they really are the best and I thank God I live beside it! :D

Also got one of those new Pizza Hut Express places just open where Godfather's used to be at the end of the Ballyroan Road, must try it sometime! Although I'm not a huge pizza hut fan. Except the ice cream factory - best dessert ever! :D

I'm starving now. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

fonpokno wrote: »

Also got one of those new Pizza Hut Express places just open where Godfather's used to be at the end of the Ballyroan Road, must try it sometime! Although I'm not a huge pizza hut fan. Except the ice cream factory - best dessert ever! :D

It's crap compared to Godfathers...just like another Domino's....Sugar-Laden Crap for the masses...

RIP Godfathers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

indian- has to be indian spice in greystones
    chinese - the castle in dalkey
    chipper - henry and rose kilcoole or bray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Borza chipper in Dalkey is the dogs. They also deliver, oh and they do the batter mars bar :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I like the basic food from Mandarin inn, any of the fancier courses I'd go to toptops in Old Bawn or China House in Firhouse.

My family also have the magical ability that despite going to Mandarin Inn for 12+ years, they still forget something out of our order at least once a month.
    Went back down a month ago, saying they'd forgotten the chicken, they apologised, and then forgot the chicken right after apologising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

Roma in Ballyroan and Vincent's and The Indian Brasserie in Rathfarnham.

God, I'm so gonna stuff my face when I go back to Dublin next March that I'll need a gastric band when I return home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Macari's, Inchicore.

1/4 pounder heaven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

seamus wrote: »
    Indian Brasserie in Rathfarnham is decent for take away. The owner is a bit brash, but once you get past that the food is very good. I wouldn't recommend sitting in the restaurant unless you're just looking for a sit-and-go affair.

They once managed to get our order wrong twice in a row, so the second time they sent the delivery guy out with the missing pieces of our order and a big bag of starters for free.

The chinese in Woodstown is very average. I'll only use it now to get 3-in-1's, anything else they do is very sub-par.

Yeah, he is but once I went there for dinner for my bday and he gave me a mug and a teddy bear. LOL. I was like WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

silvio's nutgrove.
    fast delivery, good food especially the kebabs!

I think Marsella's has just taken over as my favourite take away :P

Bryn wrote: »
    I think Marsella's has just taken over as my favourite take away :P

no way i wouldn't go near that place. had a very bad experience there once!

gar120 wrote: »
    no way i wouldn't go near that place. had a very bad experience there once!

What happened?! Food poisoning?!

• Advertisement

yeah although i can't figure out for sure wheter it was the kebab or the 10 pints of guiness i had in the bottle tower that night:P

Advertisement