Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New xbox 360 revision semi-confirmed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Just a little note.

The pic could be dodgy.
    Look at the power indicator. It's facing the opposite way to the regular 360.
    The console is horizontal and to symbol is the right way up, while on the 360 the symbol is only correct if it's vertical.

Then again maybe they've just changed it.

Just thought I'd point it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

From Kotaku:

Ed's Note: Matt Helgeson, senior editor over at Game Informer, just dropped us a line to let us know that the story is in fact true. As a rule they don't post fake news stories in their April mag. So go celebrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Kotaku wrote:
    Always get an iffy feeling posting black Xbox 360 stories — Especially ones that pop up in April. Yes, we know that the debug unit is black. And yet, the rumor continues to surface. This month's Game Informer says that a black Xbox 360 with larger 120GB hard drive, HDMI output and an HDMI cable will retail for approximately US $479. It does not include HD-DVD playback. A well-placed source at Microsoft tells GI that the reason is because the "format's not proven." Then again, neither is this rumor. And if this is in fact an April Fool's Joke, we've got two words: Not funny.

Thanks Jc!

Ed's Note: Matt Helgeson, senior editor over at Game Informer, just dropped us a line to let us know that the story is in fact true. As a rule they don't post fake news stories in their April mag. So go celebrate.

Well theres the kotaku report which seems to give it a bit more credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

The ring of light in that pic looks really bad.

Black, Big hd, hdmi? Who gives a **** really?

My tv does vga/dvi which is fine, does hdmi have better picture quality? Or is it just that it does audio as well?

As for the big hd, that's only really useful to the americans who can download hd movies from the market place. Will there be a way I can upgrade without needing to buy a memory card?

Good news for high-end buyers interested in getting a 360, non-news for everyone else. I don't know why so much attention has been given to this rumour over the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

couldnt really give a ****e about hdmi either. would prefer divx and h.264 codec support which would cost em nothing to manufacture!
    then the 120gb hd would be nice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

And built in wireless isnt exactly asking much either. The wii and ps3 have it. Hell even the DS has built in wireless so it cant be that expensive to add in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I'm less than convinced, and if it's true, MS are going to face a backlash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

xanthor wrote:
    I'm less than convinced, and if it's true, MS are going to face a backlash.
    Don't see why, its a more expensive version with more features. Why would people be annoyed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd love a quieter version of the 360... The noise is the worst thing about it...

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Don't see why, its a more expensive version with more features. Why would people be annoyed?

Since the answer is obvious, I'm going to take that as a rhetorical question.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

I still don't see what I'm meant to be annoyed about.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    :rolleyes:

I still don't see what I'm meant to be annoyed about.

Tell me where I said YOU are meant to be annoyed.

Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

im happy MS did this. now it can compete with the PS3 better. Although whover mentioned the wifi made a good point, they should incorperate that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

They'll drop the core too, so the rumours go. Then the premium will be the cheapo one and this will be the new daddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ciaran500 wrote:

people will be annoyed because they just bought into a new console a year ago, then saved up and bought HDTV's, and now there's a new version of that console that takes full advantage of the "HD" part of the tv.

on top of that, it fragments the 360 market even more then it already is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd buy one if I didnt all ready have one.

Not pushed with HDMI as I have vga.

people will be annoyed because they just bought into a new console a year ago, then saved up and bought HDTV's, and now there's a new version of that console that takes full advantage of the "HD" part of the tv.

on top of that, it fragments the 360 market even more then it already is.
    There's SFA difference between HDMI/VGA/Component and 99% of games work on all versions of the 360, you want the extra features you buy them if you want.
    Tell me where I said YOU are meant to be annoyed.

Please.
    I assumed you meant MS would face a backlash from 360 owners i.e. me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I posted the link to my friend and this is what he said

i wouldnt believe anything between now and april 1st on games sites, they are notorious for there april fools jokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Hopefully they will bring out the 120gb hard drive sepretly.They should replace the 120gb one with the 20gb one at the same price as the 20gb one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ciaran500 wrote:
    There's SFA difference between HDMI/VGA/Component and 99% of games work on all versions of the 360, you want the extra features you buy them if you want.

yeah but the fact is that i paid good money for a machine that's now not quite as good as if i had of waited a little longer...
    kearnsr wrote:
    I posted the link to my friend and this is what he said

duke nukem forever confirmed for april 1st...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

the 20gb hd's can be cloned as far as i know but ppl dont bother as its not worth the hassle, but once the 120gb is out then it'll probably be a lot cheaper to clone it. Some hash key or something is needed and they'll be able to get that once the 120gb's are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

yeah but the fact is that i paid good money for a machine that's now not quite as good as if i had of waited a little longer...

Exactly, and that's one of the main selling points of consoles. Unlike pc's a better one doesn't come out every 3 months, just every 6-7 years which means no paying for upgrades in that timeframe.

To be honest microsoft piss me off alot. Pay extra for live, rechargable batteries for the wireless controllers. €90 for what is essentially a wireless dongle. And then when (not if, when) your console breaks out of warranty all they want are your credit card details to get €140 off you.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 360. But microsoft must be making a mint on the the extras which should really come as standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I'd love a quieter version of the 360... The noise is the worst thing about it...

the new ones at the moment are a lot quieter. they have a new drive in them and it sounds much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

evad_lhorg wrote:
    the new ones at the moment are a lot quieter. they have a new drive in them and it sounds much better.

Yeah right, mine broken twice and I have a feeling my 3rd is about to die...or maybe its supposed to sound like a boeing 747 on take off. Oh and it clicks like a mo-fo when its spinning sometimes...I get very worried.

(It goes mad when I put my GOW disk in, and crashes with dirty disk error...any1 else have issues with GOW disc)

Oh back to my original point :)
    My launch day 360 was a 737, my second was a 737 and my latest is a 747, but with the HD-DVD its the new airbus A380 :)

So I hope the stores will be doing a trade in offer for the new version...I likes shiny black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Does anybody else realise that the magazines that juts went out to print now are the APRIL issues which 99% of the time carry April Fools jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

lafors wrote:
    (It goes mad when I put my GOW disk in, and crashes with dirty disk error...any1 else have issues with GOW disc)

Loads of people having problems with GOW. I got the game replaced, exact same issue - diry disk error. Had to send the console back. Not sure what it was in the end as they dont tell you what they did to the console in the repair centre. Mine came back a lot quiter, so would say it was refurbished.

kensutz wrote:
    Does anybody else realise that the magazines that juts went out to print now are the APRIL issues which 99% of the time carry April Fools jokes.
    Already been mentioned:
    koneko wrote:
    From Kotaku:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Didn't I read on Anandtech, or somewhere similar, recently that Bill Gates has stated that there will be no new hard drive for the xbox and that 20GB is enough for most people.

I don't think microsoft would be stupid enough to release an improved xbox without at least offering some overly priced expansion units for the current one beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Didn't I read on Anandtech, or somewhere similar, recently that Bill Gates has stated that there will be no new hard drive for the xbox and that 20GB is enough for most people.
    he's the same dumb**** who thought 640kb was enough (although he denies this now obviously)

Advertisement