Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New xbox 360 revision semi-confirmed

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

SO when do you think there will be a price drop?

Is the Elite going in at the Premium console price? SO about 400euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well tis true alright, no surprise there now

From Teamxbox
    For those wanting to keep their current system, but take advantage of the new, bigger hard drive that’s coming to market, the 120GB drive will be sold separately for $179.99. In addition to the drive, it will include a “migration cable” and software to enable the porting of existing data—both game saves and downloaded content—from your existing hard drive to the new drive.
    For those owners of a Pro or Core system with a 20GB hard drive who’d like to buy a full Elite system and shift their data over to the bigger drive, Rodman didn’t have all the details on what Microsoft will be able to do for them. He did give the indication that Microsoft was looking at offering current Xbox 360 owners a way to request the migration package, and that it’d be provided for free or perhaps just for the cost of shipping and handling. Rodman said that this will be decided upon well ahead of the April 29 release, and TeamXbox will certainly pass that on once we get the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

KTRIC wrote:
    IN YOUR FACE SONY :p

I love being right, can't wait to get one of these babies:D
    KTRIC wrote:
    After 9 replacements machines, and over a year of sh!t from MS I have finally sold my XBox on ebay.

When MS finally fulfill all their promises and stop lying to their customers then I might reinvest and start gaming again. Providing I'm not in Hell doing a little ice skating at the time.:rolleyes:

So hell hast frozen over KTRIC:D

Once again the early adopter is screwed over but you could see something like this coming a mile off. I dont know if its going to be worth investing 200 bucks in the 120GB hardrive sure I could probably buy a Wii for the same price at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

the-ging wrote:
    SO when do you think there will be a price drop?

Is the Elite going in at the Premium console price? SO about 400euro?

Elite will cost $479 in the states so probably about €500 here. It is not replacing the premium yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

MikeHoncho wrote:
    Once again the early adopter is screwed over but you could see something like this coming a mile off. I dont know if its going to be worth investing 200 bucks in the 120GB hardrive sure I could probably buy a Wii for the same price at that stage.
    Not really, all you miss out on is the HDMI which is not a big deal for the majority of people. It will cost you the same to upgrade your premium HDD and you will have a spare 20gb.

• Advertisement

I don't think the early adopter is especially screwed but as one, i do feel a little miffed as hdmi is one of the most convenient connection types for HD TV.

I would be with MikeHoncho with regard to not being sure if the 120gb drive is a good investment though as I still can't figure out what I'd put on one. Seeing as the TV service from xbox live doesn't work here and even if it did the restrictions are pretty pathetic. Maybe when we can mod our xboxes to be HD media centres but until then it's very meh and HDMI would interest me a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

If they have found a way to make the elite silent(e.g. all disc drives that are used are silent and the fan noise is reduced) then I would be tempted to upgrade my current 360.

The way I see it, its €180-200 for the new 120gb hdd, you could nearly sell your current console(only the console with no accessories) and buy the new elite for a little more than the price of the 120gb hdd. I would easily accept paying the difference if I knew the console would be silent and would also have HDMI.

I think it's very optimistic to imagine that you'll get 300 for a premium console with no accessories.

I think i read on kotaku that apart from the hdmi, hdd and casing the console will remain the same. This is not the 65 nanometer chip version so I wouldn't be too confident in it being quieter than the current model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

MikeHoncho wrote:
    So hell hast frozen over KTRIC:D

Ask Bill Gates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

KTRIC wrote:
    Ask Bill Gates

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

This is not the 65 nanometer chip version so I wouldn't be too confident in it being quieter than the current model

Thats what im waiting for... Not really interested in the HDMI... have yet to fill my 20gb drive. The cheap way to do it is to buy a black case, n a black joypad n headset. Bang, an elite for about €90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

I do like the black, but there is no way i would get it. Seeing as i already have all the accessories in white. I think its weird that they are releasing only a few accessories in black and not others. I dont think the HD DVD drive will look to good with the black console.

Il probably just buy the 120gig whenever the Video Marketplace is launched here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

We'll probably get some video marketplace here at some point, unfortunately it can be difficult to launch these type of things in Europe though, will be interesting to see when that happens.

Launching a video marketplace is one thing but the restrictions on content make it pointless. In this day and age how many people only watch something once, especially programmes like lost and heroes where it pays to rewatch scenes. The marketplace limits this and as such can't really compete with a divx dvd player or a modded xbox (or dare we imagine, a hacked ps3 linux partition)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

might buy it from the states and then chip it

?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reckon MS is looking at the full sales curve of the 360 from its launch to its predicted end and see that they are still only in the machines opening sales, most folk who will own a 360 are yet to buy one, and to them the Black machine will have more than enough features to compete with the PS3, those of us who bought early are a relatively small number compared to the machines eventual install base.
    And I agree, the improvements made to the 360, aside from the HDMI socket are of no interest to me, and with a component switcher from PlayAsia even HDMI means little now.

for some, hdmi is the difference between 720p hd-dvd playback and 1080p, something worth bearing in mind.

Advertisement