Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving School Car Bias

Options
  • 20-03-2007 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Do you think it makes any difference whether you do your driving test in your own car, or a car from a driving school?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

dmulla wrote:
    Do you think it makes any difference whether you do your driving test in your own car, or a car from a driving school?

I passed my test in a driving school car, the good thing is the driving instructor makes sure what needs to work, works.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

dmulla wrote:

Why would you do your test in a car you are unfamiliar with? You will be asked to identify parts of the car. Unless you are confident and have had the time to familiarise yourself with the driving instructors car just use your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Did my test in my mother's car at the time, passed it without problems -- i.e. I don't think there's a bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

i sat mine in a school of motoring car, only used the car once before the test and i passed ok. I was use to the type of car. I say it would be better in your own car, and just make sure its in workin order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

I'm actually probably gonna do mine in someone elses car, or a driving school car because I've noticed bad habits I do in my own car (coasting, etc) just seem to disappear when I'm driving my dads car or someone elses car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

When I sat my test I used my driving instructors car.

I had been away and hadn't driven regularly in a year so I decided to do my catch up lessons and the test in the instructors smaller car as it was easier to get it around the relatively tight test route than the large saloon I would have used otherwise. If I had been driving the other car with any regularity I would probably have chose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It does not matter what the car is, it is your performance on the test that governs whether you pass or fail.

What the people above say is correct though, part of the test will involve pointing out wiper fluid/ coolant/ brake fluid/ air conditioning controls/ etc, all of which must be used appropriately during the test.

For example, if the windows mist, you should use the correct setting on the vents etc.

L.

Advertisement