Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need coolant/rad hose

Options
  • 20-03-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Struggling here - I really don't want to end up at a main dealer...

One of the hoses on my '92 230CE has burst - motor factors only sell up to about 14mm diameter; I need 25mm - similar to the top & bottom hose on the rad. Where can I get that ?

Have tried motor factors, plumbing shop. Going to try hydraulic-hose vendor next. Do the likes of Murray Motorsport sell it ? If I can get silicon hose in that size from them, so much the better.

Anyone know ?

Frank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Have you tried German & Swedish or OTTO or some other similar supplier? If they don't have them then maybe you will need to visit the main stealer and bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Have a look on ebay.co.uk. Make sure its the UK site as a lot of the UK parts suppliers dont advertise on the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

how about a visit to your local scrapyard

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Nearly, AntoDeco ;-)

I made a typo earlier - I need 45mm hose. Turns out no-one does it here unless I want to spend a small fortune on silicon hose (EUR60 per metre), and even then there's a lead time.

I elected to get some rubber hose from the dealer after all - 1m for EUR20. Would have been cheaper to go to the internet, but I can't afford the downtime.

Even GSF and EuroCarParts don't sell this stuff - they do some lower and upper hose for rads, but not the "other stuff"

• Advertisement
Advertisement