Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Patch Day

Options
  • 20-03-2007 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Anyone logged on yet to see how the patch has gone? Apparently, though nothing was mentioned in the patch notes, freighters now drop loot! Que all sorts of high sec highjinks from war decs left right and centre, to roaming bands of suicide gankers looking for a target.

High sec just got a whole lot less safe for freighter pilots! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Im glad im not a freighter pilot and i don't live in high sec :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They referring to NPC freighters most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Server back up, laggy as a sheep in barbed wire tho. New skillbook icon hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Oooh a new icon.....ooooh

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Hobbes wrote:
    They referring to NPC freighters most likely.

Nope all freighters now drop loot. It's possible becasue of the new wreck model. Previously loot dropped in jet cans which were limited to 27k m3 of loot. Obviously freighters carry a lot more cargo than that but now (apparently) the freighters cargo drops into the wreck which can be looted as normal. And since it only takes around 20 fully insured and cheaply fitted geddons to kill a freighter even with Concord intervening, high sec freighter ganking will become a popular pastime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

If freighter ganking takes off in a big way, it will be interesting to see its knock on effect on the prices of modules etc in market, as most serious traders rely on freighters as the backbone of their ISK making trade routes.

Given a Charon typically costs 980mil to 1bil to buy on the market 250mil for insurance for a payout of 750mil I hope the Freighter Pilots have plenty of ALTs to web them :D

Now when you say they drop loot... is this going to be something better then their cargo etc? Is it in any way differant then blowing up a bantam and getting the goodness from it's gooey insides, or did that just not apply to freighters pre-patch.

I think it's rather exciting, and I'm sure people are going to start moving stuff in bantams now. Finally... my bantam production line will bear fruit!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

tbh some people in Empire are getting a bit uppity thinking its free loot for all. Most stations and gates I went through are heavily armed. Todaki looked like Jita on a bad day.

I even had someone take a pot shot at my badger which was ferrying ore at the local roid field. He got concorded and I got the badger to safety. When I warped back with the raven the pod and his buddy ran before they got close to my can.

What was up with todaki?

Advertisement