Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"1890 is free" ad on RTE Radio 1

Options
  • 20-03-2007 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Heard this ad today. I'm guessing they are offering 1890 numbers with free redirection to ordinary landlines? Anybody know what this company is called? I didn't quite catch their full number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I don't suppose you getting mixed up with 11890 being FREE now. Their ads have free mentioned all over them. Though if you heard it on internet they would have said 11 890. Ne ways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I suppose that's possible as I was concentrating on driving at the time, though I only heard the ad a single time and thought it was different to the 11890 ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

I heard on the TV this week of this company in cork. http://www.allfreecalls.ie

Perhaps this is what your thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just found the below in regards to Allfreecalls.ie.
    We have had to make a slight change to our Irish freecalls site.
    According to the regulator 1890 and 0818 are local and national calls. If you have a package local and national calls are free.
    However ALL the providers have NOW terms and conditions saying that they wont include 1890 and 0818 in your free bundle.
    We have decided to abide by THEIR terms and conditions and protect OUR customers and therefore we have now changed the site to reflect this.
    ” Make an international call for the price of a local or national call”
    You pay for the local or national
    we give you the international portion free

Isn’t it amazing how these carriers have no interest in their customers and continue to build their walls even higher?

Heres an example of two 20 minutes calls on Eircom V allfreecalls to Australia and USA @ 6.30pm GMT.

Australia
    allfreecalls.ie 25 cent
    Eircom €13.70

USA
    Allfreecalls.ie 25 cent
    Eircom €3.04

Advertisement