Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service Message on a VW Beetle

Options
  • 20-03-2007 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

well i was helping a friend check the oil and stuff on her beetle, when she showed me that the service message was showing on the LCD display.

She said that after she got the car serviced awhile ago that the guy who serviced it wasnt a VW mechanic and didnt remove this message.

I saw a thread about somethin along the same lines not so long ago, and was wondering if there is a sequence to switch this off.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

cheers,

ill try that tomorrow.

-V-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Hey all,

well i was helping a friend check the oil and stuff on her beetle, when she showed me that the service message was showing on the LCD display.

She said that after she got the car serviced awhile ago that the guy who serviced it wasnt a VW mechanic and didnt remove this message.

I saw a thread about somethin along the same lines not so long ago, and was wondering if there is a sequence to switch this off.

Cheers

Try This,
    Press & hold the reset button,
    switch ignition ON,
    Release button,
    the word 'SERVICE' will appear in the trip recorder display,
    press & hold button untill the word 'SERVICE' is erases,
    switch ignition OFF;)

mondeoman wrote:
    Try This,
    switch ignition ON,
    Release button,
    switch ignition OFF;)

nice one, thought it wud be somethin along those lines.

nice one, thought it wud be somethin along those lines.
    Let us know if it works OK:)

• Advertisement

mondeoman wrote:
    Let us know if it works OK:)

no bother, have to say one thing about that beetle, i love heated leather seats mmmmmm toasty.

Mondeoman, off topic but a quick question. What a good fluid for steering fluid for the mk3 mondeo, i check the net and only option i could find was Castrol Dexron III.

Is this the right stuff or is there other brands.

Cheers

no bother, have to say one thing about that beetle, i love heated leather seats mmmmmm toasty.

Mondeoman, off topic but a quick question. What a good fluid for steering fluid for the mk3 mondeo, i check the net and only option i could find was Castrol Dexron III.

Is this the right stuff or is there other brands.

Cheers

I only use genuine Ford power steering fluid,oil etc,its normally cheaper than the motor factors.i would recommend you try a main Ford dealer first;)

mondeoman wrote:
    I only use genuine Ford power steering fluid,oil etc,its normally cheaper than the motor factors.i would recommend you try a main Ford dealer first;)

I dont get near a dealer cos of work but ill send a mate over. Cheers mondeoman, better get back on topic before i get mod-spanked

Let ya know if that works tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Cheers
    Be very careful using non VW fluid for power steering (I know you enquired about a Mondeo but given the Beetle in your original post the following may be useful in the future). Most non VW brands are different and will p1ss out through the seals in the steering rack leaving you with a relatively costly repair.

Take mondeomans advice and only use the genuine fluid - I'm not sure if a Mondeo can use standard ATF as a lot of other brands do.. In the case of VW you are looking for a can of fluid part no. G 002 000. There may be other manufacturers of this fluid but be sure it is the same - if in doubt stick with the genuine VW fluid.

mondeoman wrote:
    Try This,
    switch ignition ON,
    Release button,
    switch ignition OFF;)

worked a treat. Cheers guys, and i got my steering fluid in ford, 13.20e for a ltr.

• Advertisement
Advertisement