Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JP Poker Monthly Deepstack, EST €15k - Green Isle Hotel - This Sunday 25th March

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I hate to say it, and some people will vigourosly disagree; but Drink + Poker = Negative EV for all involved.

The event was really well run as per usual. You just won't get much better value for €150. As stated above, JP is extremely competant, fair and polite. He doesn't deserve that crap. Unfortunately, some of the regular attendees from JP's pub circuit might not be the most gentlemanly bunch.

I for one will attend his next event. And I would urge anyone reading not to be put off by the actions of one drunken idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

PiperT wrote:
    UL Noel.

After the break (10k) I got myself back into it with a few steals and a few decent hands.

I'm sitting on 37k, blinds 1k/2k with 100 ante x 8. Player in MP limps, I flat call with KhJd in LP and BB checks his option.

Flop Jh7h3h - so I have top pair with Kh - decent flop for me.

BB leads for 3k.
    MP calls 3k.

Pot is now 14k. Worth stealing in my opinion.
    I push to take the pot whilst also thinking I'm ahead. I'm sure neither opponent have made the flush on the flop and the Kh gives me scope to improve if I need to.

BB folds. MP dwells for an age. Its 33k more to him which leaves him with about 10k behind.

He calls with Ah10x and hits the 5h on the river and at the end of it says sorry mate that was a terrible call.:D

Out in 15th. Lesson learnt.

Gonna play Fitz EOM game on Thursday and maybe one more before the IO.

Unlucky Tim,

Tought you and Mick had a right chance of winning this (albeit with not much chips), so was surprised to see your name not on the money. But your post explains it a bit more, very unlucky.

Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

shocking stuff JP, you ran a great tourney but I'm sad to say I'm not 100% surprised.
    Even at my early exit point ( :) ) there was several lads visibly swaying, swamping beer. I really cant talk as I was nursing a massive hangover but I'm wise enough not to mix beer and poker when its not a home game.
    Hopefully this bloke is banned now in all your games and you will not have to suffer the embarrassment of dealing with that sort again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Sorry to hear about that JP. I didnt make it there yesterday but have attended your events in the past and will continue to do so. You run an excellent show and are a gentleman to deal with. Keep the head up & dont let the actions of one scumbag get you down.

FWIW I would name the scumbag so that we (the poker community) can try and make it as difficult as possible for him to sit at a poker table amongst us again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

i'd press charges - u owe him absolutely nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Is it the same drunk scummer that caused so much aggro at the Waterford team event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

On a side note. That dealer bird Sam, as a result of cracking my JJ with 99, has fallen out of my "top ten women working in the dublin poker industry that id like to have it off with" list. A sad day for her! She will forever lament dealing with a rigged deck!
    I'd say she's delighted:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

JP

Sorry to hear this, I didn't hang around after my exit from the main game.

As always, you ran a great show. Great structure, great dealers, very professional and a good sporting atmosphere. I don't know who the culprit was but he should not be allowed near a card room or tournament ever again. I could never understand why guys play poker and get totally locked in the process.

You have a great following and a lot of supporters and I have no doubt they are all behind you 100% - I really don't think you need to be apologising to anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AS_PokerKing

First of all i'm digusted to hear about how the day ( which was brilliant and run perfectly) ended up, thats just shocking JP and no place in a card room.

Secondly I am also disgusted at how i went out of this tournament, with a 65k stack at the break made one STUUUUUUPID mistake that cost me 35k, went on TILT CITY and never recovered, ended up going out on what turned out to be the bubble in 11th place after playing some really good cards earlier on in the day, with one player commenting " Jesus Al, i think JP should just give you the trophy now " lol

And BIG CITY BANKER... "that dealer bird Sam " is a quality dealer...she gave me more pocket pairs during her time at my table than all the other dealers put together :) LOL

And LUCKYLlOYD..."some of the regular attendees from JP's pub circuit might not be the most gentlemanly bunch".....as a regular in JP's Pub Circuit i can say that someting like this has never happened before and that the majority i.e 99% of the lads are alright, with that idiot being the exception, just that one f**king eejit ended up ruining the day for all. (who also by the way has a reputation for throwing cards at people and being aggressive/abusive ) ... BUT NOT ANY MORE COS HE'S OUT !!!

Piper T, very unlucky mate, i was sitting at your table when you got knocked out, dodgy call and even dodgier explanation to boot offered to you, you looked like a man who was going home to kick the dog lol but anyway "thats poker"... man i hate that phrase lol

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Heard about it today and given the individual concerned, I'm not at all surprised - people like that shouldn't be tollerated ever. In fairness though, the signs have been there in the past and there's have been other instances of needless aggression from him - nothing of that magnitude though.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

JP.

Absoutely no cause for you to apologise for that Degenerate's behaviour. He was just beyond reasoning. I felt sorry for some of the players at the table, in particular the two girls..I admire your restraint..Don't let it get you down and keep up the good work.

Unlucky Tim...Crap call allright..same guy got to final table, maybe 4th or 5th:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    some of the regular attendees from JP's pub circuit might not be the most gentlemanly bunch.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52853695&postcount=5

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

pot / kettle??

lol

but in all fairness there is a difference - lloyd just get emotiona;;y involvd in hands, and normally the only people in danger are the table/ door. and normally he'l be the first to apoligize if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

yea, but its still fun to slag him! :p he is our very own poker brat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

I’d like to thank everyone for their support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement