Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filesharing on a wireless network

Options
  • 20-03-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Okay, never done this before and I'm getting stressed.

I have a WAG254G router/modem.

My desktop connects to the net with it and my mate has a laptop same thing. All happy on the internet connectivity front.

However.... I cannot make the two of them see each other in order to file share.

I've kinda browsed the net but got nowhere and I'm kinda hoping for a step by step guide for dummies just to see where I'm going wrong. I just simply wanna share out a folder. Any help would be huuugely appreciated.

CL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Make sure the firewalls on both computers allow all traffic on the LANs IP range, and both computers are on the same Work Group.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ah so simple. Twas firewall. I adjusted the range and it works.

EDIT: Altho it looks slow..... is 123 mins to transfer about 6.5 gigs right on a G network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sounds about right for a 54Mbps connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Jeez do you lurk about here just waiting for someone to post? You're like lightening :)

Cheers for the replies. They helped me stay sane.

Advertisement