Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waistcoats on Men?..good or bad?????

• 20-03-2007 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Was thinking of buying a waistcoat to wear out,loads ppl wearing them these days,but was wondering does it look over the top or a bit gay??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I think it can look really hot (for example, Win Butler, lead singer of Arcade Fire /drools) but you have to be able to pull it off without looking pretentious. And that's a hard thing to do judging by the number of idiots who used to wear them in my college.

Had you any styles in mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They can look good in my opinion. It's all a matter of finding the right one (the wrong one will look terrible and make you look like a ponce). I also think they tend to look better on big guys than on skinny guys but that's just my personal opinion and I probably just haven't seen the right skinny guy wearing the right waistcoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

I think waistcoats can definately be very sexy if done right. Think Justin Timberlake style though. You can find pics of him wearing them on google Id say to give you an idea of the right way to wear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have a couple of them... I tend to wear them every now and then...

They're handy for holding my pocket watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Only when worn with a monacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i don't like them...i don't thin ive seen anybody that they look good on!

Advertisement