Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Closing

Options
  • 20-03-2007 8:57pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Unfortuantley every one has them.

I got my notice to close 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for it.

I have been talking to my solicitor to see if there is anything we can do and there doesnt seem to be anything he can and/or will do.

I have furniture lined up and I dont know how much longer the items will be held for without me having to pay storage charges. There will be interest hikes coming up and thats gona cost me more money.

Really starting to piss me off

It is my understanding that after final notice to complete you have 2 weeks to close. Do I have any come back from the builders?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Where are you moving to?

Maybe someone here lives nearby and could mind your furniture until you move in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Where are you moving to?

Maybe someone here lives nearby and could mind your furniture until you move in?

Thanks for the reply but I don’t see why I should have to do something like that. IF the roles were revered I don’t think I’d get cut any slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I had same problem last year and ended up pulling out of sale. The vendors solicitor and Estate Agent really messed us around, they never returned calls and had the "if you dont buy it there are dozens who will" attitude, these people are gonna get a real shock as market slows down and they have to actually work to sell houses, they've basically being laying back collecting commision while doing fv<k all for the last 6/7 years.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It took my father in law almost a year to close, and even after moving into his house almost 2 years ago he still has to have his snag list completed. You don't have any legal come-back from the builder (to the best of my knowledge- please correct me if I am incorrect someone). Two of my family members have pulled out of purchases/sales for this reason.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

smccarrick wrote:

You don't have any legal come-back from the builder (to the best of my knowledge- please correct me if I am incorrect someone).

Thats the bit I am trying to find out. My solicitor told me that after final notice to close is issued i.e you have a week to snag and a week for snag to be completed thats it.

But when I ask him about inforcing that the topic usually changes.

So is there any legal come back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement