Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sacred Heart Church Roundabout

• 20-03-2007 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Last weeks Munster had a small piece on this roundabout (by the Golden Fry at the end of the Folly) and the problems with the increased traffic. About time the issue was raised. Only a few years ago a car crashed into the launderette beside the chipper in the middle of the day. Just by pure chance no one was injured.

Every day I'm down that way I see lorry's & heavy goods vehicals mounting the footpath to go up towards Johns Park, most can barely navigate their way round the odd shaped roundabout with 2 lanes on 1 side and only 1 on the other.

The opening of the outer ring road was to take away a lot of the traffic from the area but its only made it worse with more trucks & lorrys now than before. That area is full of school kids & elderly and another accident must be only a matter of time away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't think articulated lorries should be allowed turn left at the end of the folly. They should be required to continue on to the traffic lights and turn left. Although in saying that that would take them past the schools which I'm guessing they (the schools) wouldn't be too happy about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mryan

That was a plan at one stage, to make it all one way, but there's no way they could allow lorry's passed the school, its bad enough as it is.

I was told only last week the corporation know all about the problems and issues with the roundabout. They are fully aware that the trucks have to mount the footpath but obviously until there's a serious accident nothing will be done. As usual.

Advertisement