Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths correcting

Options
  • 20-03-2007 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Is it just me, or does anyone feel their maths mock result was a little screwed over by ****ty marking?
    Now I know that if you dont know your stuff its only fair to be marked down, but in my case attempts, blunders, and slips werent used.

For example In the algebra questions(my strongest by default), because of silly things like mistaking my writing of the letter 1 for 7 or not getting the absolute correct answer results in no marks awarded in most cases, and in other questions where the final answer wasnt correct, but most of the question was right except for small "slips" or the odd "blunder" also warranted no marks what so ever.
    This happened more than it should have not including a section which was disregarded.

I think I am deliberately being screwed over, as Generally from summer tests/Christmas tests I usually havent scored below a B3 but these mock papers were corrected by someone who doesent know the marking scheme very well at all.:mad::mad::mad:

Or maybe I am screwed:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Ya same for me, No attempt marks even given in my paper or to anyone in my class, and for some questions a blunder resulted in zero marks been

Not as bad as my accounting though where 100 mark questions were marked as if they were 80 mark questions, one calculator mistake dropped me 22 marks!!!

But meh, Its only the mocks, I would hope in the real thing they would be marked correctly.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I hope so:cool:
    Because If I remember correctly, I went up by a MASSIVE amount in maths by JC results day.

I think they are marked harshly to get us to work more though in my honest opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Hopkirk wrote:
    Not as bad as my accounting though where 100 mark questions were marked as if they were 80 mark questions, one calculator mistake dropped me 22 marks!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Naikon wrote:
    :eek::eek::eek:

I was more :mad: :mad: :mad: when I coped on.

Suppose its true what they say about the mock correctors, A bunch of underpayed undergraduates who could give a %^&*!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

We were sorta done over too... Attempt marks were given, but very lazily - usually only 3 in nearly every case, even with the sum 70% correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement