Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council - What A Joke!

Options
  • 20-03-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello everyone

I need some help big time with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. Has anyone had any dealings with there affordable housing department? Basically Ive been on before about this but its getting desperate at this stage. Myself and my boyfriend were offered an apartment under the affordable housing scheme, we started the process off in November 2005 and its now March 2007 and we are still no closer to getting into our apartment.

I have tried ringing them and it seems like they are just fobbing us off and I dont know where to turn next. My solicitor is terrible and my head is just wrecked now.

If anyone has any advise I would be very glad of it.

Thanks in advance! Ps sorry for the rant

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JOJOC wrote:
    Hello everyone

I need some help big time with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. Has anyone had any dealings with there affordable housing department? Basically Ive been on before about this but its getting desperate at this stage. Myself and my boyfriend were offered an apartment under the affordable housing scheme, we started the process off in November 2005 and its now March 2007 and we are still no closer to getting into our apartment.

I have tried ringing them and it seems like they are just fobbing us off and I dont know where to turn next. My solicitor is terrible and my head is just wrecked now.

If anyone has any advise I would be very glad of it.

Thanks in advance! Ps sorry for the rant

Seems to be the norm with lots of places. I'm waiting over a year for mine and I bought that myself. These things take time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Depending on where it is there could be problems with getting letters of compliance for the units.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

When were the apts supposed to be finished?

That wouldn't be unusual through a normal private sale either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The timescale seems pretty much parr for the course, unfortunately. The wait can take a lot longer in other councils (and even then it may be by lottery.....)

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

The apartments are completed and ready to move into. We were offered somewhere else first but there was major problems with that place and so we decided to take this place now.
    The girl that is looking after it in the council doesnt seem to have a clue and everytime I ring her she justs keep fobbing me off.
    She told us in December that everything would be ready by the end of January and when I called her then she told me it would all take months.

Im so sick of this now im even contemplating goin on the Joe Duffy show to c if that would get it moving.

Any ideas as to who i could go to or what i should do?
    Would it be worth my while goin to a TD as it is an election year?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

JOJOC - when you ring the council ask and insist on talking to the HEO (or Higher Executive Officer). Its probable that the person you are talking to is a Clerical Officer, who really simply doesn't have the information that you need.

Re: going to a politician, this may in practice have the opposite effect to what you want.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Thanks for that info.
    I will try that route instead.

Advertisement