Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reversing camera

Options
  • 20-03-2007 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Has anyone tried these reversing cameras yet? If so which would you recommend..I drive a van with no windows in the back. Might get one but dont want to be stuck with another gimmick...thanks John..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Well worth it for cars with limited visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Our car has them, they're okay i'd rather just check myself out window/mirror but if you don't have the option its a good idea.
    At night of course you can't see a thing so they're no good then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finnykid

Check them out on e-bay and it will show you all the different types and you will soon see which is the best, the dearer the better. But you can buy them cheaper than in shops here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

HAve one on my car, factory fitted. It is great when there are kids around as you can see low down.

Should be very useful in a van like you describe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Many of the ones available on ebay now come with a sort of night-vision, but I don't know how well they work. From experience of using a normal factory fitted one, its well worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I got one from ebay but it was useless after the first car wash.
    Water got into it and render the visibility to zip.
    So I would advise no and stick with normal sensors unless you truly get waterproof ones.

Redman

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have one in my Primera..absolute godsend..makes parallel parking a piece of cake..on reversing you need to make sure you also check both wing mirrors as you can lose focus if ur just staring into the camera screen..
    It comes as stanard on the primera's so it's a top class camera,,no issues with car washes or anything like that

Advertisement