Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no more techno in waterford

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

What's the gardaí's definition of 'techno' ?

It all sounds a bit urban myth to me ..

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

What date is today .... April fools day ... i cant believe i read this thread so far ... That Every Clubber Has No Option ... bring an ipod to your discos:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

so what going to be there instead, ****ty generic nights with the latest dance club hits for xtina and justin timberlake? where people come in just to get alcohol later?

ok prepare for less drugs and more violence on the streets outside

exactly...how many fights do U hear happening after clubs involving people on mdma? Not many I imagine. Clubs just want to feed people with booze because it means they can pay less money (and attention) for their DJ staff because people are just all boozed up and would listen to anything so any ****e DJ will do. as far as I'm concerned, Dublin is the only half decent spot in this country for techno stuff and that's a sad state of affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fandyfan

this sounds ridicoulous. theres no way they can ban something like that!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

This sounds like something out of the Bible belt.I saw a documentary on TV a few years ago about disco music and it showed in the early eighties all these Evangelical christians burning Kool & the Gang,Earth Wind and Fire etc.LP's in the middle of a huge football stadium.Imagine a full Croke park with the same scene and you will get the picture.

Waterford has a great record for the dance scene.I'm sure a lot of us remeber back in the Roxy and Man Friday days it was up threre with anything Cork and Dublin had to offer and some of the best DJs in the world played there.I heard Judge Jules in an interview talk about Waterford and Cork in equal terms as London and Manchester as far as atmosphere goes.There was drugs of course but there was drugs everywhere and banning dance music will do nothing to stop it.A friend of mine shovels more snow watching the football than most clubbers do.

This will makes us look really backward if its true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Typical Waterford though. As soon as someone hears that something bad is happening the first instinct is to give up, despair and whinge helplessly. Somethings, alas, never change. If it was anywhere else there'd be riots on the streets, or, I dunno, another pub/club would take the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

On St. Patricks night we had almost the same amount of arrests as Dublin City.This has SFA all to do with drugs or techno music.This countries problem is drink.Always was and always will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Asskicker

my friend organises nights in the forum in waterford, he has just been told by the forum owners they along with every club in waterford have signed a deal with the waterford guardi to not allow any more techno/dance music djs in their clubs because it attracts a drug crowd.

basically its a legal way of banning techno and dance from clubs

i dont take pills, speed or any hard drugs so how are they allowed to stop me or anyone from listening to music that we like just because some people like to take drugs?

is there anything we can do about this?

its like banning irish music from pubs because some people that listen to irish music drink and drive.....

Nobody signed a deal with anyone. The Cops basically sent a letter to both owners of The Forum and Oxygen saying to stop all Dance gigs or there will be trouble. Stage 1 in the Forum is closing in june for renovations and hard dance and techno gigs will be stopping there soon after.
    If i owned a club i'd call it quits aswell if the cops started threatening me.
    Its a real pity coz there is a good scene in waterford and looks like there's gonna be ****all happening after june until another club opens or somethin happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭derdoh

so what about the Bowery do they have to stop people having a good time aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 technohead2007

Stage 1 in the forum is being turned into a restaurant Stage 2 isnt sound proofed enough for dance events, ten is closed. There was hope with Oxygen but the cops did send a letter basically saying they would come down like a ton of bricks on club owners ie. make it their business to catch under agers who slip past bouncers, and take away licence's and be a general pain in the ass. They didnt demand anything as such just using their weight to shove dance outta waterford. I hear they had a drug fuelled party in the the barricks when they hear ten was closing. Bastardo's. :mad:

• Advertisement

So all thats left for us dance heads is to take away the bastards control, and go back to throwing raves in the woods, hills, mountains, beaches etc and become a serious pain in the ass for them. They will rue the day they ****ed with our music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭derdoh

If all this is true,its a sad fruckin day for waterford.:mad:

im afraid its true m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

So all thats left for us dance heads is to take away the bastards control, and go back to throwing raves in the woods, hills, mountains, beaches etc and become a serious pain in the ass for them. They will rue the day they ****ed with our music.
    Make sure you clean up after yourselves. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Roen wrote:
    Make sure you clean up after yourselves. Please.

Quite so Roen, nobody cares a damn as long as they clean up after themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

all this poo poo (since my first attempt was censored! what gives mod??) goes back to the metroland days when it was forced to shut down on drugs allegations etc..yeah there was drugs there but sure there will be drugs everywhere, it is up to the law to police it and not at the expense of the ordinary fun loving (non drug taking) clubbers. If people wanna take drugs and party, they will, period. The poor law just want an easy job trying to police all this, just like they want the easy pickings of standing behind a tree on a good quality road catching people speeding..the whole thing is laughable. Party on...illegal raves in the UK are on the rise again...anyone spot a trend???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Glad I got my kicks before the whole **** house went up in flames:D

As far as clubbing in Waterford went:

Nailer/Johnnie/Owie @ Katie Riley's
    Tasty @ Stone Court
    Man Fridays @ Metroland
    Can't Stop @ The Roxy
    FlowMotion @ Egans
    Playpen @ South

But BEST of all, it HAD to be Cork for:

Sweat @ Sir Henry's

Those were the days folks!;)