Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N73 or E50

• 20-03-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I've promised to buy myself a new phone with my first pay packet from my new job. I'm trying to decide between the E50 (on Vodafone or O2) and an N73 (probably on 3). I want to use some of the Java APIs that both phones have but otherwise I'm not too demanding: calls & texting are the top priority and everything else is second.

Any opinions from people here? I'm particularly concerned about having a reasonable battery life, quick menu operation and generally a rock-solid phone. The lack of any camera in the E50 is a disadvantage but I'd sacrifice that if the N73 has stability/speed issues. Also, the E50 is not available on 3 (obviously) but the N73 is cheapest on 3 (and I'm starting to come around to their rates).

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

Actually, I've just discovered the SE K800 which seems to have everything I want (including camera) and doesn't have the bad reputation of the N73. It seems about a third of N73 owners have some problem or other with it (slow texts, resetting during calls etc) and some of the rest only have minor problems (like resetting just once or twice a month - WTF?! :eek: ).

Is the N73 really that unstable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

No the N73 is a solid phone. Its a simple case of updating the firmware.
    "Complainers" (like me) are usually very vocal, hence bad press.. you don't hear happy campers posting as much how they love their phones for no reason..

They don't seek out forums to protest their issues like the following:

Any phone will piss you off if you:
    a: have very high expectations
    b: are very exacting
    c: are totally misinformed
    d: it doesn't work as advertised
    e: you're impatient for new technology (like me!! E90 gimme gimme :-))

The N73 is great. A little shy on memory/ram but is an excellent phone nonetheless.
    Its about perspective and what you want from a phone and making an informed choice based on both pro and negative responses..

Advertisement