Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boxing in Cork

• 20-03-2007 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Any Tournaments or Fight nights or whatever comin up,just want to go and have a look,thinking of getting inot it,my younger brother is into it but dont know would i get into it or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Get your bro's trainer to tell him if there is any local shows on! there usually on all the time, but not really advertised-local box clubs and pubs usually..give the boxing a go and see if its for you-if your bro is doing it this will help you fit straight in..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Damage

My brother is built enough,and fit,i would be fit enough but am scrawny i think the word chicken legs comes into it.**** sake.Dunno could i go in without thinkin i'd be laughed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Listen damage-boxing is not about being built, loads of world class fighters are whippets-actually if you can get good at boxing this will be an advantage as you'll mainly fight shorter boxers-your brother will probably fight the tall long armed boxers and if there good that can be a pain in the face literally!
    Get your finger out and go up this week. let us know how you get on?

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

There is a show down in Macroom on Sunday night. Was supposed to fight myself but have a removal.
    I fight with UCC, not really a proper club as such.

Advertisement